paint smug how do I get rid off

james pithouse

Models are fun just ask kpnuts
First Name
James
hi guy I have sprayed the fairings the metallic red ts-18 and like an idiot I am i put my finger on it and smuged it as i was putting it on the work top after i have sprayed it out side. So how do I get rid off it smudge 1.jpg smudge 2.jpg

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Being such an obvious part, I think I would let it harden and then sand to remove the blemish and re-spray.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Take Colin's (colin m) advice and if for any reason that doesn't solve the problem, then plan B would be to take Paul's (beowulf) advice.

Most important is to let the paint dry and cure before attempting to sort it out, otherwise you will definitely be starting again.

Cheers

Steve

james pithouse

First Name
James
ok guys thanks I'll sand and get rid of blemish

james pithouse

First Name
James
just wondering if I sanded completely back all the parts will car metallic paint work or would it have to be model paint

D

Deleted member 3568

Jim get a can of mr muscle oven cleaner and put the parts in a plastic bag spray parts with the oven cleaner tie up and leave overnight, rinse in clean water and you will find you are back to the original plastic. Halfords do car paint for plastic in cans make sure you get the stuff for plastic, comes in loads of metalic colours.

james pithouse

First Name
James
thanks ken will do :D. Did you want any hing form London like model wise or any bits for models as I will ask cousin ken when I go up there this month on 27th for a few days :cool::D

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Let it harden, flatten it with fine wet and dry and feather it in. Once dry and hardened it should not show after a careful polish.

james pithouse

First Name
James
taken back to basic still got bit of acrylic on. They do spray in enamel but not plastic paint will that be ok for plastic

D

Deleted member 3568

Halfords do do paint for the plastic parts of cars but failing that house of colours do cans of spray for plastic but i think you would have to order it off the internet also the pound shop does some which i used (check out the lotus done in that paint, it does take a while to harden though and they only do gold and silver in metalic and not many other colours , it does have a super glossy finish though. I used it on the 1/16 vw karman also.
Cant really go wrong for a quid though.