Panther Build Idea

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
While I was doing some research for my KT project GB build I came across a few pics of thr medium tank Panther
I thought I wonder if I could do a GB
I asked the question to Ian and got directed here.
I wonder how many would be interested. There has to be 10
I thinking of the Panther in all the guises/ scales/ really loose on the guidelines. It can be 1/35- 1/48 etc
I think there's lots of kits out there to choose from and makes even the bergepanther.
Only guidelines it's a non started kit
So is there anybody interested

D

dubster72

I would be Robert, although there's a lot of GBs on this year so time would be a factor.

If you allowed partially built kits in, then I'd be a certainty coz I've a Dragon Panther F kit that I bought partially built.

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
I would be Robert, although there's a lot of GBs on this year so time would be a factor.

If you allowed partially built kits in, then I'd be a certainty coz I've a Dragon Panther F kit that I bought partially built.

It is only a suggest ( I should have said a future build idea ? even say end of year 2017? so we can see who would be interested and then set a date say in Dec for 2018?
I've never done a GB of my own before so it's putting feelers out

D

dubster72

I think
It is only a suggest ( I should have said a future build idea ? even say end of year 2017? so we can see who would be interested and then set a date say in Dec for 2018?
I've never done a GB of my own before so it's putting feelers out

I think the current suggestions are for this year? Usually Ian calls for next year's ideas later in this one.

If it was 2018 I'd be up for it, but that's too much advance planning for me atm!

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Actually Patrick, the idea behind this new system is that now started, the ball can now just keep rolling on down the hill. We already have one that runs over the year end.
As I see it,there is much more interest in these than in the others. I know that some need time to plan a head but as it looks now, there is more than enough time for all to get in on the act. As long as the initial interest is enough to start one up, I am sure that others will join in as they begin.
Also as the idea is to try keep things in a tight frame, there could in theory be many running at the same time. The balance just has to be right with different genre so the armour guy, the fly boys, and the boaters, can find something and those that do a bit of each can pick and choose.

First Name
colin
I'd be interested as a future build Robert. As Patrick has already mentioned the GB calendar is pretty full now.
But you count me in for 2018

D

dubster72

Actually Patrick, the idea behind this new system is that now started, the ball can now just keep rolling on down the hill. We already have one that runs over the year end.

Fair enough Ian, you're the boss. I was only going by the section title that clearly says 2017.

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
Well in my calculations that's 3 ( just need a few more

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
I would be in with this one,Robert,as I have one in my stash,some were,and can always get one from a swap ,:smiling3:

Gauge1TrainsDK

SMF Supporter
First Name
Christian
I'd be in, too. I have both 1/56 kits for the Bolt Action miniatures game, and a Dragon 6358 for the gauge 1 railway. So, if allowed I would be participating with two kits, one detailed, one for the wear and tear of wargaming.

C

Crumplezone

Yes please Robert, I have the latest Tamiya kit which I am excited to construct it into a Kursk themed vignette.

Last edited by a moderator:

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I've started the Tamiya 1/16 RC Panther build and would love to be working on this right now but unfortunately I'm neck deep in decorating at the moment with a house move on the cards. It's highly unlikely I'll be doing any modelling for some considerable time (maybe up to a year).

It's a shame because I would have loved to have included that in the GB (I'm soon looking forward to getting back to the bench and working on it!!!!).

Best of luck with the GB

Cheers
P

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
if i have nothing else on at the time id be in.

T

tommy1drop

Hi Robert cracking idea mate, are Jagdpanthers allowed in the build?

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
It seems there quite some interest in this so I'll look to Ian for the correct guidance for a build start date and oh yes all panther tanks in all guises are included but of WW2

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
It seems there quite some interest in this so I'll look to Ian for the correct guidance for a build start date and oh yes all panther tanks in all guises are included but of WW2
I unfortunatly did not see this and have not gotten a message either....
Are you still up for this.. if so we can run it into the calendar

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I would be more than happy to move my RC Panther build into a GB if allowed (there's still lots and lots of work to do). I can start the thread again if necessary and reinstate the pics now missing because of the Photobucket issue.
The Panther project had just started to get interesting and then the decorating bomb happened!
Cheers
P