papa 695s 1/350 Tirpitz

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
I've only just started in the ship building on the modelling front and thanks to Graham on here I've taken s real interest.
I was looking at this for future build ? When I get better in my modelling.
The tirpitx always was a ship I liked alongside the Bizmarck
One day I'll get to this stage eh
You have me on watching this

Regards

Robert

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks Ian, there raised lines so I would need to do the lot. I will have a think about it. I may just pose it upside down in a fjord and save myself heaps of work.

Ian, I had the same problem with my Bismark. I glued the decks together from the back side, purposely leaving a 'crack', then brush painted the whole main deck. The paint filled the joint and made it invisible - Could you not give the joint an extra spurt with your A.B, to achieve the same result?

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I have the problem of getting rid of the deck joints,
image.jpeg image.jpeg
So I bought these.
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
I'm not too sure how to use them but I think they just stick on.

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Good luck with the wooden deck Ian. Tirpitz will look the biz once that is applied. I think plenty of test fitting and steady as she goes with this particular part of the build. If successful it will look the dogs doodahs!
All the best
Paul

G

Graham D

Looking good. I like Wood Hunter decks, they're very thin and normally go on nicely and do not bubble, like the thicker decks

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Looking good. I like Wood Hunter decks, they're very thin and normally go on nicely and do not bubble, like the thicker decks
That does look great! Nice work
that looks very neat
Thanks guy's. I've never used the wooden decking stuff before but they do make a difference, and I didn't find it hard to fit. The most time consuming part is taking all the parts out were the hatches and things go. And they hide the deck joints very nicely.
Just a quick question. Would you clear coat or varnish the decking ? or is there something different you need to do ?
I know that's two questions.:smiling3:

T

Tony

That is a very nice upgrade to your model and well worth the extra "pennies". Makes the decks look so much better.

T

Tony

Ian

That looks very nice indeed.

I know what you mean about motivation though. I seem to do most of my model making in my head at the moment - planning out what i am going to do but never quite getting around to it.

Work and caring responsibilities are my obstacles with work being the major one. We are going through a major re-org at the moment that is just a nightmare in terms of additional work.

I am working on a Deagostini USS constitution at the moment and last sunday was the first time in ages i put in any time on that.

I am sure your motivation will soon return. A good kick start might be to put the tv on because once you have trawled through the rubbish on there you'll soon return to something more interesting.

Tony

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
That looks very nice indeed. I understand the way you feel, I really had to get it together to complete the Hood.