Ian

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
A great choice and you will enjoy the build. I did. One thing to watch out with is attaching the twin booms. They are a bit obstinate to get lined up in all the right ways. Take your time with that bit.

Nice looking office. Its such a pity that you can't see much of it at all once the lid goes on. I'm just glad it was not me sitting in the coal hole, I would imagine that it was rather oppressive, sitting in the dark not seeing where you are going.

Ian M

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Thanks for the heads up on the booms Ian. I can remember your build in the twin boom GB and a great build it was. I was going to build this one then but you beat me too it so I did the p38j instead

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Great start Ian I want this kit for my British Cold War jets collection so I'll be watching :smiling3:

First Name
Jason
Looking great Ian. Fantastic detail in the cockpit and the paint work looks spot on. How do you get the panel lines so well defined.

Jason

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
Looking great Ian. Fantastic detail in the cockpit and the paint work looks spot on. How do you get the panel lines so well defined.Jason
Thanks Jason

It's called pre and post shading. After putting the primer coat on you use black paint ( or any dark colour will do ) over the panel lines then when you paint the top colour on thin it with thinner just a little to make it flow a bit better, then when spraying over the primer mist it on until the black lines just start to disappear then stop spraying let it dry. If then the black line shows up too much you can mist another coat again until your happy with the look. Then using any paint left in the cup thin to a 50/50 mix then add some white just to make it that little bit lighter, then spray in the middle of the panels just to lighten that area up a bit.

I hope that helps and answers your question . you can always practice on any bit of plastic just paint some thin black lines a give it a go