Papa 695s Dino Rumble

P

Polux

You can do an early-man with skins(leather) running!!

Could be funny!!

Nice choice Ian.

Polux

C

CDW

You could reposition the legs on the ''Rex'' so it has a more horizontal body stance, would save it from looking like Godzilla then ;)

Looking forward to seeing this progress, there's lots of options eh?

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
it can well be there are not many parts but I think that the painting is going to be the high point in this one...

if you think it hard finding good reference pictures of a WWII tank or aircraft..... have fun finding some for these........lol

Ian M

C

CDW

Good point Ian, were they self coloured or camouflaged ?... We've discovered preserved skin so can guess what it looked like but what colour it was is still unknown.

Old saint Ian's got a lot to think about here:smiling3:

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Plenty of artistic licence me thinks on these. There are plenty of pictures on the internet, but like you all have said no one knows what they really looked like colour wise

C

CDW

I'm a big believer that animals could have been coloured same as today's ..... So if i were to do this scene I'd be inclined to have a colour/pattern similar to grazing/plains herds for the 'trike' and a spotted/striped 'big cat' look for the 'rex'

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
You know what do look good a dio with the T-Rex peeking through some trees and bush, or just bursting through after it has ambushed the Trike, hence the stance and startled look on the Trike's face. Great adaptations Ian, lovely work so far.

Si:smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
You know what do look good a dio with the T-Rex peeking through some trees and bush, or just bursting through after it has ambushed the Trike, hence the stance and startled look on the Trike's face. Great adaptations Ian, lovely work so far. Just remember not to add any grass.Si:smiling3:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Looks interesting this. I have thought about one or two of these dino kits in the past and looking at these two, I could be tempted one day.

Ian M

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Ooops forgot to mention the blob of white tac is there to stop it being a tail sitter, it will be placed inside the head

Ian M get some you know you want too

C

CDW

I'm going to have to be geeky again ......

Fossilised herbivore dung from the late cretaceous period, of which the tyrannosaur and triceratops were still active, contained at least five different types of grasses.

The evidence comes from finding tiny crystals (phytiliths) ... These grow in plant cells and can survive digestion.

The evidence was confirmed by an C. Stromberg who is an expert in phytiliths at the Swedish museum of natural history.

The grasses have been confirmed to have been several metres tall.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
I'm going to have to be geeky again ......Fossilised herbivore dung from the late cretaceous period, of which the tyrannosaur and triceratops were still active, contained at least five different types of grasses.

The evidence comes from finding tiny crystals (phytiliths) ... These grow in plant cells and can survive digestion.

The evidence was confirmed by an C. Stromberg who is an expert in phytiliths at the Swedish museum of natural history.

The grasses have been confirmed to have been several metres tall.
Nerdy Freakoid... :D

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
Lovely jubbly ..... Nice chopping about skills there Ian :smiling3:
I'm going ( try ) to change the head so that it's chin is horizontal to the ground giving it a looking forward roaring type look

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
I'm going ( try ) to change the head so that it's chin is horizontal to the ground giving it a looking forward roaring type look
The body is more in align when moving, keeping the centre of gravity around the hips, so head, spine and tail are roughly in alignment.

C

CDW

Nice idea .... Could you cut a 'v' out the neck, then reverse it so the thick ends t'other way round making the head look up, it'd fill the gap almost spot on too.....

Can you understand that, or does it read all befuddled?

Si .... ''New scientist'' is full of this sort of stuff, plus I have a subscription to a taxonomy site that often offers papers on palaeontology........ Plus of course I'm a nerdy freakoid :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3: