Papa 695s Revell 1/48 Eurofighter

Joined
Mar 2, 2015
Messages
3,079
Likes
1,559
Points
113
First Name
Robert
#44
Sorry being late but just caught up on this one and wow what progress you have made. I never realised how good looking the new typhoons lines were but you've defo made me think of getting one.


Nice office detail and painting all round with a good clean build ( wish I could be this clean in building )


Great work and I'm tagging on till, the end


Regards


Robert
 

Fenlander

SMF Poster
Joined
Dec 16, 2009
Messages
5,449
Likes
1,640
Points
113
Location
Peterborough UK
First Name
Graham
#46
Looking good Ian, the tail pipes look exceptional too, great work with the metallics. Never easy to stop a single colour scheme looking like a grey brick but you have pulled it off nicely.
 

papa 695

SMF Poster
Joined
May 9, 2011
Messages
13,574
Likes
6,148
Points
113
First Name
Ian
#48
\ said:
Sorry being late but just caught up on this one and wow what progress you have made. I never realised how good looking the new typhoons lines were but you've defo made me think of getting one.
Nice office detail and painting all round with a good clean build ( wish I could be this clean in building )


Great work and I'm tagging on till, the end


Regards


Robert
Nice to have you aboard Robert and I'm so glad your liking it
 

papa 695

SMF Poster
Joined
May 9, 2011
Messages
13,574
Likes
6,148
Points
113
First Name
Ian
#49
\ said:
Looking good Ian, the tail pipes look exceptional too, great work with the metallics. Never easy to stop a single colour scheme looking like a grey brick but you have pulled it off nicely.
Thanks for your great comment Graham
 

colin m

SMF Poster
Joined
Dec 26, 2008
Messages
4,971
Likes
1,987
Points
113
Location
Stafford, UK
First Name
Colin
#51
Just catching up Ian. All looking great. That's quite a smart seat for OOB. And yes, you bought a dangerously dull paint job to life, nice one.
 

papa 695

SMF Poster
Joined
May 9, 2011
Messages
13,574
Likes
6,148
Points
113
First Name
Ian
#52
Thanks guys. Now it's time for the Klear then to choose which of the 3 British decal options to do, and all those stencils joy of joys.
 

papa 695

SMF Poster
Joined
May 9, 2011
Messages
13,574
Likes
6,148
Points
113
First Name
Ian
#55
Ok I've decided to go with RAF 29 SQN flown by SQN LDR I J Hargraves image.jpeg

image.jpeg

but as you can see the decal numbers don't match up with the instruction numbers
 

grumpa

SMF Poster
Joined
Jan 14, 2015
Messages
3,122
Likes
1,954
Points
113
First Name
Jim
#56
I don't normally follow plane builds, but this is looking Great!..............Jim:smiling3:
 

papa 695

SMF Poster
Joined
May 9, 2011
Messages
13,574
Likes
6,148
Points
113
First Name
Ian
#57
\ said:
I don't normally follow plane builds, but this is looking Great!..............Jim:smiling3:
Nice to have you tagging along Jim.


Let's see if we can get you to build one ? :smiling3:
 

papa 695

SMF Poster
Joined
May 9, 2011
Messages
13,574
Likes
6,148
Points
113
First Name
Ian
#58
I was just about to start putting the decals on when I noticed I didn't paint the Aluminium strip on the tail fin. So now I've had another good look at the colour call out to make sure I've done it all.


image.jpeg

image.jpeg
 

papa 695

SMF Poster
Joined
May 9, 2011
Messages
13,574
Likes
6,148
Points
113
First Name
Ian
#59
\ said:
Looking very good, especially the metalics at the back end.
Thanks Barry I now use the Vallejo metal colour I really like them.
 
Top