papa 695s Tamiya 1/48 Crusader Mk3 Anti-Aircraft Tank

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Steve, I've not done many Tamiya 1/48 kits, in fact this is only my second kit. But like you say they are good kits with very nice detail. As for not taking off I find it strange. With most aircraft kits being 1/72, 1/48, 1/32. id have thought that 1/48 trucks tanks and the like would lend themselves perfectly for the aircraft for diorama's.

Hi Ian, BTW the build is going great guns. The Tamiya 1/48 version is much better looking than my Italeri 1/35 even with brass Oerlikons.
I guess it's the price tag...even in the Far East it's equivalent to some 1/35 kits. Another reason is the subjects they started off with were armored vehicals rather than the field vehicals associated with aircraft installations. Improved 1/48 figures...thats a vacuum that needs filling.

Cheers,
Richard

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
The Tamiya 48th kits are very nice - I have most of them in the stash. Just need time to actually build them

Pity the figure sets are not as good

Are those tracks flexi or link and length Ian?
Hi Simon and thanks. To answer your question they are link and length tracks.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Ian

Terrific update. The build and painting has gone well. Great work on the wheels. What would we do without photo frames for bases??:smiling5: Keep it comin sir

Steve

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Looking good Ian.

Nice to see someone else who doesn't throw money away buying artificial trees etc. for their dioramas........At least they do look like the same as I harvest every year come Autumn time.

Cheers.
Ron

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Thanks guy's.
I've started the ground work on the base, and got the figures in the positions I want them in. Still plenty to do.
image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Ian .
Very nice indeed , love the paintwork and figures .:thumb2:
John .

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
The base is certainly heading in the right direction. It will set the build off a treat:thumb2::thumb2:

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Hi Ian ,
I Like how the base is coming together, tree looks excellent....did you make it from scratch?
Si