Patricks Eduard 1/48 "Good Evening Da Nang" F4-C

M

Morpheus

Nice painting, do you spray or brush painting or a mix for the interior.
I'm hoping to start my kit soon but it's a 1/72 and the pilot and copit is so small going to be hard to paint in the detail.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice start Patrick. I like the intake trunking, a nice feature. Hasegawa have a blank wall at the end of the intakes.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
I didn't realised you had started. Great seats, that's some standard to keep up. But you'll do it.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Hi patrick , great start. The intake fit could possibly be solved by sanding some off the front edge of the lower wing section, thereby allowing the intake to move back the same distance , this would close up both gaps , unless theres something else holding it off. If not then as you say plastic card makes a good gap filler , cheers tony

D

dubster72

Nice painting, do you spray or brush painting or a mix for the interior.
I'm hoping to start my kit soon but it's a 1/72 and the pilot and copit is so small going to be hard to paint in the detail.

Thanks Dave. I usually spray most of the cockpit parts & then add details using a brush. For example, the seats were sprayed green, and then the black added by brush.
With 1/72 it's hard to do fine detail work, but I've found a bit of drybrushing works wonders.
Hi patrick , great start. The intake fit could possibly be solved by sanding some off the front edge of the lower wing section, thereby allowing the intake to move back the same distance , this would close up both gaps , unless theres something else holding it off. If not then as you say plastic card makes a good gap filler , cheers tony

Thanks Tony. You're absolutely right, I've posted a thread on that very subject in the Phantom GB section :smiling3: it's not a perfect fix because if too much of the leading edge section is removed, it causes further issues in other areas, but it definitely reduces the horrendous gap on the side of the fuselage.

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Fantastic seat!:eek::cool::cool:

That really pops!!:smiling3:

BTW, where did you get the peg from with the rubber jaws?o_O

D

dubster72

Fantastic seat!:eek::cool::cool:

That really pops!!:smiling3:

BTW, where did you get the peg from with the rubber jaws?o_O

Thank you! :smiling3: the pegs are from my local Poundland. They're very handy when a bit of extra grip is needed - like smooth fuselage halves.

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Great work Patrick. The Phantom's really coming on. The seat looks tremendous!
Cheers
P

D

dubster72

Damn & blast! I've been working on this one today, filling and sanding etc. And then for a break I decided to make up some of the weapons... That's when I realised that I'd neglected to open up the pylon holes in the wings :mad:

And now I can't find one of the constructed pylon assemblies :mad::sad:

I ought to give up on making aircraft!

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
Wow this is looking cracking Patrick those ejectors look so awesome,
Something to be proud of there.
Coming along very nicely

Regards

Robert

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Damn & blast! I've been working on this one today, filling and sanding etc. And then for a break I decided to make up some of the weapons... That's when I realised that I'd neglected to open up the pylon holes in the wings :mad:

And now I can't find one of the constructed pylon assemblies :mad::sad:

I ought to give up on making aircraft!

Yep! Did the same with the fin aerials on mine, but I think I got away with it by careful marking out and reference to photos.

K

Kressy_13

Coming along nicely mate. Hope the intake fit get's sorted. Not looking forward to that on mine.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
That's when I realised that I'd neglected to open up the pylon holes in the wings :mad:
Shine a very bright torch through the wing. Sometimes the 'blind' holes show up.

First Name
Adrian
Glad it wasn't just me with the fit issues, pleased you've managed to sort it and your builds looking great :smiling3: