Peterbilt with Tanker.

J

John Huggins

Not to happy with the way the Trailer turned out but it will have to do, Sorry about the photo's but it's raining outside so i had to take them in the kitchen.P1090997.JPG

P1090998.JPG

P1090999.JPG

P1100001.JPG

P1100002.JPG

P1100003.JPG

P1100004.JPG

All comment's welcome good or bad.

John.

J

John Huggins

Thank's Mark & Ian for you'r very kind comment's.

John.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Trailer looks superb to me John, what is wrong with it?

Looks superb with the tractor unit.

J

John Huggins

\ said:
Trailer looks superb to me John, what is wrong with it?
Looks superb with the tractor unit.
Made a lot of mistakes on the trailer. paint looks ok in the photo's but there are one or two imperfections in it, also if you catch the light you can see there are some join line's, the kit has no chrome parts it it so i had to use chrome foil & some of it did't take very well, also i wanted the black to cover at least half the tanker, ha-ho maybe next time.

John

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
great work John ,dose look real good very well done, ;)

D

Deleted member 3568

Superb really must have a go at a truck, truly great build mate, how big is the whole thing (truck and trailer) it looks a fair size. If you don't mind me asking how much was the truck and trailer, can you mix and match (I notice italari and revell do trucks and trailers can you fit an Italeri truck on a revell trailer

J

John Huggins

\ said:
Superb really must have a go at a truck, truly great build mate, how big is the whole thing (truck and trailer) it looks a fair size. If you don't mind me asking how much was the truck and trailer, can you mix and match (I notice italari and revell do trucks and trailers can you fit an Italeri truck on a revell trailer
Hi Kpnuts the truck & trailer is 27" long, & as far as i know you can mix & match you'r trucks & trailer's

As for price i payed £45 each from my local hobby shop, but u can get them cheaper on line, i have been looking at other trailer's but all the good one's come from the US.

Hope this help's

John

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
That's a cracking job John.......Superbly done...... Nowt wrong with that mate.

M

-Matt-

That's an awesome glossy finish! Paint across the whole thing looks good :smiling3:

What are the hydraulic hose coupling thingies made from? And are the flames decals?

-Matt-

J

John Huggins

Sorry to say Matt the flame's are decals that came with the model, as for the airline's it's just coiled wire.

P1100010.JPG

Hope this is of help.

John

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
That's a good looking truck you got there and the trailer sits nice and pretty. Like the use of colours and that paintwork is cracking ( can't see errors from where I'm looking!! Nice use on the airlines

I'll admit I've never built a truck

( looks too damn hard for my meagre skills)

Saying that I never built tanks before joining this forum so who knows.

Kind regards

Robert

J

John Huggins

Ok got to do a re-vamp on this one as i'm not happy with the way the hoses connect to the trailer & as it's going to an exhibition on the 23/24 July i want it right.

A tanker was re-fueling at my local station so i took a quick photo of the connection's so this is how it will look ( i hope ).

P1100244.JPGDSC_0046.JPG

John