• Thread starter Deleted member 5819
  • Start date

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hi Pete.
If you look at pictures ( and there's not that many really) of any WW1 tank there all mudded up to the eyeballs, the way you've done yours is just the same, but like Tim says a wash of a dark brown will bring the highlights out a treat, and a little mud on the tracks and mud guards wouldn't go a miss.
A cracking job and not one I would hide in the loft.

D

Deleted member 5819

Hi Pete.
If you look at pictures ( and there's not that many really) of any WW1 tank there all mudded up to the eyeballs, the way you've done yours is just the same, but like Tim says a wash of a dark brown will bring the highlights out a treat, and a little mud on the tracks and mud guards wouldn't go a miss.
A cracking job and not one I would hide in the loft.

Hi Ian, I've just lost the ability to weather anymore so I asked for help as time is get shorter, as for the mud you are spot on, you see so many MkIV/V mudded up to the eyeballs :rolling:
WW1 is my pet subject and try to do as much research as I can.
As for hidig my models in the loft, yes they are all up there somewhere probably close to 175/200, I have none on display in the house ,never have.
Pete.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
10 AND Good.
John.

B

Brad9826

That'll be the display box then Pete!:smiling3::smiling3::thumb2: ready for when you do put them out...:smiling4:

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Afternoon Pete,
I liked the Whippet as it was but I like it even more now. Glad you were persuaded into looking at it again and making it better:thumb2:

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Very nicely done Pete, the muddier and grubbier the better imo, especially WW1 tanks.

Jim

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Pete
Well I like it. I would be more than happy if it were mine. As with most of us you are perhaps over critical of your own work. Faults, imagined or otherwise, jump out at us from our own builds and yet others see the model in a more overall way.
Onwards and upwards :smiling5:
Jim

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Excellent job Pete. The worn finish is great, especially the tracks and the Asbestos rope on the exhausts look almost real. The rusty bits look much better now they are toned down a little as well...
Great job
Tim

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Very good Pete. I prefer it without the canvas track covers, only because the superb realism of your tracks shouldn't be hidden.

Pete

Steven

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
I really like the Result Pete - deserves better than the Attic - if you still feel like messing it up a bit more you could add some fuel spills on the front fuel tank around the filling - thingy :smiling:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I like that a lot. Great work Pete.