Pete's Build the Hms Victory

S

Sky Raider

I did build this ship many many years ago as a plastic kit. Your progress is fantastic it would be a shame not to complete it. Im looking forward to seeing this finished. What size is it?

Andy

M

mobear

i never even heard or seen the mags,as this would have been an ongoing project,yours is amazing by the way,just some staining for the deck maybe,but goodness its really good mate top marks

mobear

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
the scale is 1/84 and is 125cm long and most of the marks are dust as i have not touched it for some months

S

Sky Raider

I didnt want to mention the dust lol. Will look nice when its finished though.

Andy

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
the scale is 1/84 and is 125cm long most of the marks are dust as i have not touched it for some 7 months

S

Sky Raider

If you dont mind me asking, how much were the mags and how many did you need to complete the build set?

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
There were at first 120 but just as it was about to finish they added 30 more to make a slice at 1/72 scale but i only ever wanted the ship and ifelt this was the easyer way of getting it.it might have taken me over 2 years but i'am glad i did they cost £5.99 each but well worth it as i've had some not to great partworks in the past

S

Sky Raider

Wow, that makes it over £718.00 for the model. You better complete it after investing that much money.

Andy

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
i will finish it but only once i made a big enough room to work on the ship an i will put up pics when i start on it cheers peter

S

Sky Raider

Look forward to seeing your progress as you move along.

Andy

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
that looks fantastic , victory is one of my favourite ships , I am half way through making a revel kit but its been shelved for now since Christmas.

S

steve244

Hi Peter

Looking very nice indeed im subscribing to the this just now,got 14 issues upto now so along way to go yet you dont have to take out the extra subs for the cross section i take it it's the deagostini one as like you i only want the ship.Never realised how bit it was until i saw the first issue and the cheapest iv'e seen the kit at is £670 i even asked at my local hobby shop and they quoted me £695 for the kit so it costs not alot more really doing it this way.

cheers steve

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
i have not touched mine for 7months now i didnt get the cross section.

i take it yours was the online subscrition as i got it when

it first came out

cheers peter

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
Last edited by a moderator:
M

mobear

love the hatches,and the rest looks awesome mate,did you need happy pills after cutting out all those hatches?

mobear