Pink Panther's 'Crashed Tilly'

P

Polux

Hello to all.

Since only I have a project more ' Winter patrol ' I am going to invest every hour that could in this one. And here there is the work of this weekend. My intention is does a calcined Tilly, nonetheless I want to support the "very entire" engine, and after observing the original engine in the blog that Andrew showed me I decided to put complements for major realism. I didn'tt think that to put these pipes, and principally the one that goes from filter to filter avoiding the leak, it would be late so many hours in making. With the identical and greasy engine it will stay well!!

If the vehicle is on fire, the leather and the foam of the seats is burned, making alone the metallic structure, which I have made with metal, thread of copper and part of a complement. I have to put something of burnt clothes …

At the moment the diorama it will be like that of small. And against the antitank obstacle I like the option of collision. If it was putting a wall of bricks, the visibility of a wings of the car was disappearing.

Thanks for looking

Regards

Polux

View attachment 41137View attachment 41138View attachment 41139View attachment 41140View attachment 41141View attachment 41142

View attachment 44772

View attachment 44773

View attachment 44774

View attachment 44775

View attachment 44776

View attachment 44777

P1010013.jpg

P1010014.jpg

P1010017.jpg

P1010019.jpg

P1010020.jpg

P1010021.jpg

B

Boldman

Very nice so far, like what you've done with the seats :smiling3: and the engine of course!

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
A great start Polux the engine and seats are looking good. And a good idea of an anti tank mine instead of the wall so you have all round vision of the damage

D

dubster72

That's a good start Polux, we can see where this is going! I like how you're planning to do the burnt-out seats, excellent idea!

Cheers Patrick

P

Polux

Thanks chaps for your kind words!

I looked for photos of the seats, and they all were different... So I have done a bit of own imagination to give them form... Once identical and rusty I wait be correct!

This night I have begun with the zone of back load, have started destroying and creating the top part of the petrol tank that is not observed in the normal Kit.

Nobody will know if a petrol tank exploits, there stays something of him ...? :confused:

Best regards

Polux

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Looking good Polux.

Ian M

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
I'm liking what i see here Polux, nice work bud.

Have fun, John

First Name
Aaron
Hi Polux I like this too

I was looking for some info for you about the petrol tank but found nada sorry.

S

sprayman

Great stuff Polux.....excellent build with detail going on here...

C

CDW

Great idea for the seats Polux, you can already see they'll look good when painted/weathered.

As for the petrol tank, if I understand you are showing it exploded, the pressure will just rip or tear the metal along the seams (I've seen a few tanks go bang on the track), some bits might be forced off but a fair bit will remain.

P

Polux

Thanks for your nice comments guys! And thanks Aron and Colin for your help in my build, I am very grateful. I have a new idea in the seats that I expect to show promptly in photos, it will be necessary to go to the great city again...

Have fun

Polux

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
This is looking really good Polux. A great example of fire damage and it's not finished yet...

Nice one,

Ron

P

Polux

Hi to All again!

Here you have the photos of the tests that I have done in the Tilly.

The back part of load is destroyed and it's possible to see the tank of fuel. I will do a few small strips of wood it authenticates and burned to complete the back part (since it can turn).

Also you can see a few new ideas: Metal barrels for the diorama and I have put a few elastic wharves in the seats that will be partially covered of leather (not so burned since it wanted to do initially).

At the moment I am proving things ….

Thanks for looking.

Polux

View attachment 41855

View attachment 41856

View attachment 41857

View attachment 41858

View attachment 41859

View attachment 45243

View attachment 45244

View attachment 45245

View attachment 45246

View attachment 45247

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

B

Boldman

Agreed those springs look great - this is coming along nicely!

C

CDW

The rips and tears look very authentic, even without being painted up and weathered, those springs are brilliant ... good attention to detail

P

Polux

Hi to All!!

Here you have new updates of crashed Tilly. Sunk in a dirty river, full of roots, algae and other water plants. In the photos you can observe the reflection of the box of crystal where the small diorama is. Once painted in oxide and done the details I want to create a hard and transparent water with resins or similar. If it works Ok, probably break the box to leave the "water" alone, like that block will remain much more spectacular everything!!! I am looking for a old man going fishing with a little boat to give him the graceful and romantic touch!!!

Thank's for looking Mates!!! All kind of comments welcome.

Best regards

Polux

View attachment 45304View attachment 45305View attachment 45306View attachment 45307

View attachment 48402

View attachment 48403

View attachment 48404

View attachment 48405

Tilly1.jpg

Tilly2.jpg

Tilly3.jpg

Tilly4.jpg

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
WOW! It looks great now. I can imagine that once you cast it in a block of clear resin it will look spectacular!

What a great idea! And what a paper weight that will be.

Ian M

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
Looks quality polux and that seat is a little work of art looking forward to seein it all come together

Geegad

P

phalinmegob

man in a boat fishing, what more can you ask for

1:35 Rest And Recreation II, item #2495