Pocher 1/4 ducati panigale s

• Thread starter Deleted member 3568
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all here is another update, all of the wiring here is added detail, none of it is supplied with the kit it makes a big difference adding it. I still don't understand why they don't supply it as 90% of the connectors are moulded and even the missing ones are easy enough to scratch build .
9u59co.jpg

jrth7r.jpg

2430s8w.jpg

30uuxop.jpg

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all here is another update.
kdnaz7.jpg

2py566h.jpg

Bit of detailing of this bit
szzi14.jpg

29mlnb9.jpg

30mre9y.jpg

dos8xl.jpg

james pithouse

Models are fun just ask kpnuts
First Name
James
NICE ME LIKE. To small to ride tho ken go bigger I dare you

D

Deleted member 3568

Well I've spent 3 hrs trying to get the wing mirrors on this, I may never touch the bl$€y kit again don't believe the YouTube video it's nigh on impossible. I've removed the windscreen to give me more room but still can't get them on, I really don't know how this is still in one piece.

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Looking at the kit Ken, do you get a key with it ? It just looks that good it would probably start up.
But on the last post I hope you get them on without throwing it around the room.

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all well after lots of suggestions from people who have completed this kit I used a combination of their suggestions to do it I took my tamiya screwdriver which came with the tamiya bike kits (didnt want to use the one that came with the kit) broke the blade off
29zd8nn.jpg

eth0u1.jpg

Cut the end off a pencil and drilled it out then glued the blade in, I now have a shorter screwdriver
e87f6d.jpg

6dtkcy.jpg

n71xlz.jpg

Now to modify the petrol tank to be removable and to detail it up. First get my hole punch select the right size
30rxutl.jpg

Punch selected hole through self adhesive ally foil
333ai5l.jpg

Add to ignition switch
e8an1c.jpg

The two dome headed Allen screws on the outside of the ingition switch housing are glued in. I've drilled the holes they are supposed to screw into out so they are now locating pins, I will use the inner ones to hold the tank.
I've glued the ignition housing to the tank
27zbyqe.jpg

246utqa.jpg

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all this is how near I am to finishing this
35byptk.jpg

2sahyqg.jpg

2drsawg.jpg

I've sanded down the centre rear tyre to take the newness off it and realised I've missed the decals off the centre hub and I've weathered it now is it too late to add them now.
I'm going to alter the side panels panels to make them removable.

J

Jens Andrée

I must say Ken that your modelling-fu is very strong! This project have tested you on more than a few times and you've conquered each test very well!

It has been surprising to find your Pocher kit to be less detailed and "kitted out" than I expected from this super expensive kit, but it seems even the best manufacturers cut corners where possible...
Lack of descent screws and uninspiring radiator to mention a few.

This is going to be a build you can be proud of for sure - and a great centre piece in your collection!

You're on the home stretch now so good luck with the final steps and we're all looking forward to see the finished piece! :smiling3: