Poll results for the 2015 calender..

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
\ said:
A quick Google search of Artillery informs me that The Royal Artillery, use AS90, and Abbot SPG which would seem to prove that they are in fact artillery pieces, even though they are armour...Ian M
The Royal Artillery also used to operate the Rapier and currently operate UAV's........erm?

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
Does under a tenner mean new from a model shop or can it be an unstarted one from a charity shop.

Peter t

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
Does under a tenner mean new from a model shop or can it be an unstarted one from a charity shop.
I think to level the playing field it should be retail price in a model shop. it is only fair to all others. I for example have never seen a model in a boot sale or charity shop.

It would also be unfair if most buy in a shop and some one "scores" a 1/200 Bismark in a boot sale for a tenner.

Ian M

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
The Royal Artillery also used to operate the Rapier and currently operate UAV's........erm?
And this is why I would say that it should be a "Big gun pulled behind a vehicle." as it makes things so much more simple.

Ian M

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
\ said:
And you could also build a Petlyakov PE8 (TB 7).I believe one of the Russian manufacturers does a 1/72 kit.View attachment 91397
I didnt mention that one on purpose Dave , so it would be a surprise if I did one!! cheers tony

p.s. Ive got a few more way out contenders in mind too!

First Name
Dave
\ said:
I didnt mention that one on purpose Dave , so it would be a surprise if I did one!! cheers tony p.s. Ive got a few more way out contenders in mind too!
Sorry about that Tony.My choice won't be out of the ordinary as Ive got a 1/48 Lancaster and B24D in the stash. so it will be one of those.

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
\ said:
I think to level the playing field it should be retail price in a model shop. it is only fair to all others. I for example have never seen a model in a boot sale or charity shop.It would also be unfair if most buy in a shop and some one "scores" a 1/200 Bismark in a boot sale for a tenner.

Ian M
and do we have to show the receipt to prove the cost?

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
and do we have to show the receipt to prove the cost?
I think that most of us know prices roughly.. if the price is on the box....no worries.

I recon if someone tries a fast one they will get busted ;) .

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
heres a question.............if i can do something that qualifies for two different GB's which are running at the same time how do i do it?.....cant post twice in two places cos that would be silly............or is it a rule that something can only be entered for one GB at once? (ive got something that works for the tenner and the desert GB's...............just trying to save money and building time lol )

sorry for being a pain lol :P :P :p:p

P

Polux

I have the same "problem".... :D :D :D

I'm looking for a plane and the wrecked GB.

Two in one...? :smiling3:

P

Polux

I don't want to confuse anyone, Ian.

On the 1/24 plane SIG, can the model be painted on a NOT real scheme and markings...? O_o

Is only an idea by the moment, I'm planning all my options for the GBs next year :P

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
\ said:
, I'm planning all my options for the GBs next year :P
ditto ;)

im on 4 forums and 3 have published next years gb's......i actally have something that qualifies for the tenner, artillary and desert gb's on here, a WW2 in general gb somewhere else and a Third Reich gb yet somewhere else! lol

ive had to make a spread sheet listing them all so i can see what overlaps :confused::confused::confused:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
or is it a rule that something can only be entered for one GB at once
Short answer yes.

If you build a kit and wishing to use it later in the year in a diorama is one thing.

Wishing to use the same build of the same kit in more than one GB is a no no.

Sorry.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
On the 1/24 plane SIG, can the model be painted on a NOT real scheme and markings...? o_O
Personally I would prefer it if it was, as I have never been a real fan of what if sort of things. But its your build and if you really want to have another go at the tartan spitfire..... be my guest.

:P

Ian M

P

Polux

I know it sound "enigmatic", but all depends of a set of figures that I'm searching for....O_o

Anyway, will try to participate using the "normal rules" and common sense :P