Raf Personnel ( Pilots Colours)

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
Hi chaps

A little side line of my model building my wife bought a nice frame ( will show later ) I have two pilots 1/32 I think

Well I need help with the exact colours of the uniform translated into Vallejo model air or similar

Life vest/ webbing etc

Any help

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Humbrol 96 is a good colour , life vests were yellow or beige

D

Deleted member 4203

I agree with Alan, Airfix kits advise that Humbrol 96 is used on RAF personnel ;) :smiling3:

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Whilst the uniform colour remained the same the equipment did vary with time and not just in colour. Pilots wore all sorts of stuff, from the early overalls (which also varied in colour) to Army battledress tops for 2nd TAF pilots in Europe post invasion.

If you can post a picture of your victims you might get some more precise answers, and we all love a photo :smiling3:

Cheers

Steve

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
\ said:
Humbrol 96 is a good colour , life vests were yellow or beige
Alan your a star thanks as always ( I did Adolf Galland ) 110mm but I think his uniform a bit brighter blue.

A lot of chats have said German blue with a hint of white but I'll go with H96 and look for trainer yellow with a hint of ocre for Mae West. Straps and al I presume would be ocre or light khaki?

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
\ said:
Whilst the uniform colour remained the same the equipment did vary with time and not just in colour. Pilots wore all sorts of stuff, from the early overalls (which also varied in colour) to Army battledress tops for 2nd TAF pilots in Europe post invasion.
If you can post a picture of your victims you might get some more precise answers, and we all love a photo :smiling3:

Cheers

Steve
That's my answer ( typical I should have thought of that ) duh

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
Right the idea is my wife found a really neat frame ( I already primed) going to spray them red poppies and I want it to contain 2 figs of Battle of Britain pilots and a dog ( red setter) on grass

What I want is the uniform colour of 1940 standard blues with Mae West etc ( as authentic as possible

Pics of victims I'm goons try paint

I've put val bottle for scale

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
I real like that frame,what a great find she,made, :smiling3:

do like your idea as well,what a great way to show your respects to them, :D

nice start and the figures look good,

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
This re-enactor is wearing a uniform and equipment that would be correct for 1939/40. I haven't checked every detail, the oxygen mask for example I think was still in use for the Battle of Britain period.

1_zpsybzowpys.jpg

2_zpsesuezifh.jpg

Most of this equipment is 70 odd years old and may be slightly discoloured, the parachute harness looks quite dark, but overall it gives a good impression of what the kit looked like.

Here's my Dunkirk era pilot sat 'in the office'. White sweater and no tunic.

IMG_1264_det_zpsita5q338.jpg

Cheers

Steve

Last edited by a moderator: