Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I suggested a Raspberry Ripple SIG for this years calendar but there didn't seem to be much interest beyond Ian M and FlyJoe but I thought I'd moot the idea again for a smaller SIG for those who might be interested.

Raspberry Ripple is the slang name for the colourful red, white and blue paint scheme applied to UK MOD test and development aircraft. These were mostly operated by the Royal Aircraft Establishments at Farnborough and Bedford and also the Empire Test Pilots School at Boscombe Down. All manor of aircraft wore these colours - Jaguar, Tornado, Dakota, Buccaneer, SeaKing etc.

Examples can be found in museums at Cosford and at FAST in Farnborough.

My idea is for any aircraft in any scale to be the subject, real or imaginary, with a six month build time (it is a busy build year after all).

Any takers?

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Sounds good to me but alas time constraints dictate that I won't be able to take part so I won't vote but wish you luck

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Six months might just be achievable with everything going on in my work life at present. I'm in Rick, I have a Hawk for the job :smiling3:

P

Polux

Your idea is fine to me, Rick.

Search five takers and you can start this little SIG. ;)

Rick

Joe

Ian M?

Ian (papa695)

Ps: have you any photo to post? Maybe it could help :smiling3:

Polux

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
i wouldnt mind but i shall have to decline the offer.............just dont have the time to build what i want to this year as it is!

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Not sure i can this moment in time Polux, but thanks for putting my name forward... :D

P

Polux

\ said:
Not sure i can this moment in time Polux, but thanks for putting my name forward... :D
Not, not!!! The moderator says that you must take part Ian... :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well I hope that the moderator is going to come over and unpack the eight moving boxes that my stash now lives in....

Ian M

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Let us know the kick off date Rick. April is out for me pretty much but we have 6 months so whenever you're ready..

D

Deleted member 3568

I would join in but don't have an unstarted kit to use and have so many on the go at the moment my missus would string me up by my tender parts but I don't understand why you don't have more takers sounds and looks interesting.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
\ said:
was thinking the last half of the year Joe, so from 1st July to the new year.
Excellent, that suits nicely :smiling3: Be sure to remind us though

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
I could poss do a Dakota as I have an italeri 1/72 that I was going to include in my BBMF ZA947 and I think I may have Xtradecal decals too ill get back to you for defo

Is it just a normal build or do you want step by step/ paints pics etc

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
\ said:
I could poss do a Dakota as I have an italeri 1/72 that I was going to include in my BBMF ZA947 and I think I may have Xtradecal decals too ill get back to you for defo
Is it just a normal build or do you want step by step/ paints pics etc
Just a normal build Robert, the only stipulation is the colour scheme but if you wanted to add after market details that's up to you. A note on how you achieve the paint scheme would be helpful but it's not essential.

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
I have a iwata neo a/b but tend to use tamiya acrylics over enamels as less toxic, I use a brush method to find detail and make my own seat belts/ harnesses using tamiya tape painted and the odd bit of fine fuse wire, interior I would a/b the correct shade ( ref material sourced via internet. I know through study that ZA947 has had quite a few paint scemes in her past and my original plan was 2013/4 colours but my build speed was not that good with work commits so I was lagging behind and before you know it BBMF change its running order. Anyway waffling on I will let you know when I get started and will post pictures and paint scemes mixes etc as I go. July start would be good as I'm hoping to get my hetzer diorama finished.

Regards

Robert

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
It sounds like we have four takers so far, but there is plenty of time to rustle up some more participants and for Ian M to move house and unpack.

Here's some more to light your lemon. For those of you going to the Cosford show take a look at the fly by wire Jaguar for some inspiration.

View attachment 104916

View attachment 104917

image.jpg

image.jpg

P

Polux

Four! That's a good notice!

Anyway don't worry.....if there aren't more participants, I will be the fifth one ;)

Polux

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
IF I get moved and sorted, I might be able to knock one out before the end off the year..

I have at least five suitable victims. Including that rather sex Jag...

Ian M