Raspberry Ripple SIG

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Raspberry Ripple is the slang name for the colourful red, white and blue paint scheme applied to UK MOD test and development aircraft. These were mostly operated by the Royal Aircraft Establishments at Farnborough and Bedford and also the Empire Test Pilots School at Boscombe Down. All manor of aircraft wore these colours - Jaguar, Tornado, Dakota, Buccaneer, SeaKing etc.

Examples can be found in museums at Cosford and at FAST in Farnborough.

My idea is for any aircraft in any scale to be the subject, real or imaginary, with a six month build time (it is a busy build year after all).

Post your builds here starting on 1st July, you can post your box and sprue shots before hand and you have until 31st December to complete it.

Good luck!

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Have I got this set up right? The individual members build will populate under this "master" thread, right?

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Good stuff Rick. I'll post my Hawk bits in the near future. 31st December is a very good time frame to finish by. So many builds this year!

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Well this is interesting and I must admit having seen some of the members committed to the build with some great options with the hawk being a popular choice I have no choice but to join in. So after having a quick look on google at the ripple options I have decided to go with a Hunter as I have one sitting in the stash with no decals so this is a perfect opportunity to rescue it. I'm sure I'll have some decals in the spare box to wing it (pun intended).So for now I will post my choice here and then do a build thread on or around July 1st. Many thanks John

The kit

View attachment 112264

This will be the scheme hopefully lol

View attachment 112263

image.jpg

image.jpg

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Great choice John, the Hunter looks good in that scheme.

P

Polux

\ said:
Have I got this set up right? The individual members build will populate under this "master" thread, right?
Will be fine Rick.

Anyway, you can ask me before to post it. Is my commitment to help you, if you have any doubt.

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Lucky you. I have a Q400 nose landing gear to dismantle repair and rebuild today, I guess you could say i need to get this project off my workbench before starting anything new!

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
This SIG is still open to other members joining in, it runs until New Years Eve so lots of time.

Any aircraft, any scale in Raspberry Ripple colours even what ifs!