Renault FT (Scale 1/16)

P

Polux

Good night to all :smiling3:

I don’t want to explain you my “story”, but since my last build, I have discovered that I’m losing my interest for the small kits (by the moment :P ).This is the reason I decide to start this model now, waiting for the aircraft 1/24 and others GBs next year. In fact this one, the Jeep SAS and the Stuka will be part a “collection project” that I will start...today :smiling3: where I will add the Typhoon and the Focke Wolf 190, and some other surprise as well ;) so I’ve decided that will stop ALL my current projects..... and centralize all my effort on this one. Just hope to finish it on Christmas and start the year absolutely “free” of work.....

Ok, once commented that, is time to talk about the model. The kit looks very well, with nice details. The instructions are really clear and easy to follow. The plastic quality is standard; just be careful with some “connections” on the sprues.

I will copy the Stuka thread format and show all the process step by step. There I received many help by all the members, and seems here I will need it as well :smiling3:

My first idea is to copy the box art scheme:

1st Company, 2nd Battalion, “Le Tigre” Regiment, 1918, France.

View attachment 90267

Thanks

Polux

DSC_0530.JPG

Last edited:
P

Polux

Today I just started the engine.

I will need to add putty on some parts, but the engine looks fine. All the set is not glued yet and remains some pieces as well, I will work on all the different parts separately and paint the weathering once builds.

View attachment 90268

DSC_0305.JPG

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
nice start Polux, i will be following this one, with interest, ;)

yambam26

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ben
Looking forward to the updates on this!

Cheers,Ben

First Name
Jason
Another masterpiece in the making no doubt! I shall be watching for sure!

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
How I missed this I don't know, what a nice kit. With your skill it should turn out a cracker Polux. Was it expensive?

Si:smiling3:

P

Polux

\ said:
Was it expensive?Si:smiling3:
The large scale kits are not usual, so yes....anyway, it comes with a 1/16 resin figure!! How much it cost only? O_o

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Just had a look and it is around £79 ish...far too expensive for me, I shall just enjoy yours instead :D

Si:smiling3:

P

Polux

Yep!!

Today I’ve worked very hard on the engine......and I’ve finished it :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

I copied the paintwork from the real photos posted here, and I’m glad with the result :oops:

These are all the steps:

I primed the engine on grey, and then I painted it with a gun metal coat. Once it dried, I did a chipping effect with black (lacquer). Added a green/brown enamel wash. Some pigments (European Earth) and the final touch...a dark brown wash (enamel).

The cooper parts had a chipping effect (sponge) with a black brown colour. Added a brun oxide oil wash, and the final step has been a Russian Earth pigments.

Hope this can help :smiling3:

Last edited:
P

Polux

Take a look at these photos....

View attachment 90613

View attachment 90614

View attachment 90615

View attachment 90616

As you can see, the main body of the tank has this “orange peel” effect all around. I’ve decided that should be very interesting to copy this texture, for a more real and detailed model ;)

Here I am.....the tools.....a brush and Mr. Surfacer primer 500!!! Maybe on the photo is not very perceptible, sorry....is my first time :oops:, but the texture is there!! I suppose once painted and with some washes and filters will be more visible....o_O

View attachment 90620

Thanks

Polux

1-5.jpg

4-2.jpg

6-2.jpg

7-1.jpg

DSC_0352.JPG

Last edited:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
That engine is rather nice...

Dont forget that those photos of the hull are from a tank that is very old and been restored.

True there will be casting marks, on the cast parts but the sheet steel construction would have been reasonably smooth.

The effect you have created on the rear deck (?) does look very good though and will only add to the overall effect when painted and weathered up.

Ian M

P

Polux

\ said:
That engine is rather nice...Dont forget that those photos of the hull are from a tank that is very old and been restored.

True there will be casting marks, on the cast parts but the sheet steel construction would have been reasonably smooth.

The effect you have created on the rear deck (?) does look very good though and will only add to the overall effect when painted and weathered up.

Ian M
I've do the effect on the main hull, like on my reference photos. The effect is subtle, but it give at the model a nice look :smiling3: as you can see, the primer coat is unfinished...I will paint a dark one later with the airbrush (preshading)

Thanks for the comment Ian ;)