revell type 21 submarine

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Nice one Alan, well built and painted, and the internal detailing is really good.

Top work mate.

Tony.

B

Bunkerbarge

How great to have a daughter who buys you a model as a gift. I'm sure it wouldn't matter what the model was you would enjoy building it just for that fact.

These subs are actually very interesting because, like the V2 rockets, the Me 262 and all sorts of other German war time technology it was years ahead of it's time. These things could do 17 knots underwater, faster than a large percentace of surface ships could manage at the time.

They don't look as good as a Type VII though!

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
cheers guys if anyone other than a family member had bought it It would have been in my stash for years lol , I did enjoy making it and I may well return to it for weathering purposes.

this was the last of the submarines Germany developed and at the time it was the most advanced U-Boat developed, I must agree though its not as good looking as the type 7

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
thanks guys im surprised you all like it I think I could have done better but I always think that lol

again thanks

H

HMS_Otus

Great build Alan.

I have same XXI interior waiting to be built.

If your interested in the XXI this is an interesting read:

U-boat Archive - Design Studies - Type XXI

It's the US design study of the XXI, interesting are the issues relating to the diesel engines being de-rated due to overheating exhaust resulting in removing the superchargers.

The reduction in power resulted in long recharging times.

Last edited:
First Name
Gregg
Looks mighty impressive, just how big is it?

Gregg