looks nice and so meny meany little bits,

cannot wait to see what you do with this one :rolleyes:

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
That looks a like a very nice kit Ken.

In that scale I think it would be better with a full hull so anyone could turn it into an RC build

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
That is the old Matchbox kit, I had it once when I went through a 'boat' stage way back in the late 70's early 80's. It really is a nice impressive kit but the detail needs some work, the main gun is rather crude for instance. I will keep an eye on this, I am sure you will do a much better job than I did way back then....

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I bet you will have this finished and in the water before I have finished mine and she's a static!

Ian M

D

Dave Garrett

I have just ordered the standard version of the same kit so i will be watching this build closely. The photo etch in this scale will be a dream to work with rather than the 1:350 scale that i am working with at the moment.

I am going to be plastic welding the hull together then using epoxy filler to eliminate any gaps and use the filler to hold the stuffing tube in place.

james pithouse

Models are fun just ask kpnuts
First Name
James
well ken it needs a deck before it hits the water or it will sink Ha! Ha! :D :p:smiling3:. But very nicely done. by the way on Ebay they got the clipper off the Cutty Sark at 1/75 scale for £329.99 the size that dad built in penge before I was born, well I'm hoping to get that one next to do when I can save some money up for it. which works out to be 3ft in length ruffly give or take a few inches.

G

Graham D

I've just got this kit so I will be watching this build for tips.

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all I'd completely forgotten this (had it ferrited away in the spare room ) must start it again sometime, thanks for reminding me.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Missed this, nice flower class Ken, glad to see you RC. I had one a long time ago...it sank.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Same here!!!!
I know they rolled about in real life...must have been the swells created by the other boats. That's my excuse and i'm sticking with it.