Revelle 1/72 corvette

• Thread starter Deleted member 3568
  • Start date
First Name
Dave
\ said:
I know they rolled about in real life...must have been the swells created by the other boats. That's my excuse and i'm sticking with it.
I'm going to go with that excuse too, although I'm tempted to blame the corvettes loss to underwater sabotage.

I mean it couldn't have been something I did wrong surely, or was it?!

Looks like a case for Sherlock Holmes or maybe Jaques Cousteau would be more helpful!!!

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all this is what happens to the stick on wood decks (in my experience this is not limited to revell but all the stick on wooden decks ive used)(although this is the worst example)

xI6XauG.jpg

o3LVfkB.jpg

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all I've had an idea to get this back on the bench, it's a bit out there but those who know me know I can be a bit weird. Anyway I was thinking of doing it as a 1960s bat boat, now first problem it's a 30 crew ship, I can reduce some of that since I have the Airfix jet engine, so I can do away with the crew for stoking the furnace, I figure that's probably 4 less laser cannon instead of the standard armament (I could add several and have them controlled by computor) so I figure 2 or 3 fewer crew there, still a long way from 2 crew or if I include the Butler 3, any suggestions how I can realistically reduce it down to 3, or excuses for why batman would risk his identity and have more crew

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
That deck is appalling Ken, no wonder you're cheesed off with it. Changing the plan eh? If anybody can do it it is you Ken, look forward to what you come up with....interesting.

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
I want (lust - desire - demand) one of those, that is huge! O.o

D

Deleted member 3568

OK I'm doing it here is the jet engine, I'm ditching the rc, there will be a fair amount of hacking involved but this will look nothing like a flower class corvette when done, I envisage lots of bat wings and stuff.

au9jfa.jpg

9bdgxt.jpg

307onj6.jpg

2v0ebyo.jpg

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Another off the cuff build from the crazy mind of Ken! Really wacky build but love it!

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all well here is a quick mockup of where this is going. The jet engine is very disappointing detail wise I will be adding lots more detail and since this will be sprayed gloss black I will be cutting inspection doors in the outer casing to show the detail I will be adding 

5lb861.jpg

21ltxn9.jpg

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Keep it coming Ken...more please.

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all done a bit more.
fru6b.jpg

33l1kpd.jpg

1z1epaa.jpg

w8ol7n.jpg

As you can see there's no real detail to the jet engine, I know it's meant to be an educational toys to teach kids how a jet engine works and to be see through but I fail to see how this teaches anything, no injectors no pipe work for fuel just some blades which spin and some lights, I think Airfix missed a trick here. And for very little work on their part. 
I know nothing about jet engines but I know they need injectors to get the fuel where needed and fuel obviously but here is no indication of either here.
33xbpdf.jpg

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all some more progress on this.

2hn1cgp.jpg

2s67z9e.jpg

2wcegq8.jpg

351ealj.jpg

I've concocted a couple of laser cannons for it, I think they look quite convincing, what do you think.

2wn91tv.jpg

4g16yo.jpg

29gbr74.jpg

2edt5k3.jpg

2ch1jf6.jpg

S

steve5

you weren't a mad professor in a previous life were you ken lol , how many model's have you got on the go my friend .

D

Deleted member 3568

3 ships mate and 3 stalled cars and 2 motorcycles (I like to keep busy my biggest number on the go at once was 10, I wanted to start 2 more but my missus put her foot down) anyway here is tonight's bit 

IMG_20160803_58721-1113808836.jpg

IMG_20160803_48947317466382.jpg

IMG_20160803_6206-120574162.jpg

IMG_20160803_156261831054138.jpg

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all here is the next installment

2mhd936.jpg

pta9u.jpg

9rjfnr.jpg

nmg56v.jpg

I must say I'm enjoying this very much, freedom from anyone saying "that's wrong" is so liberating and I'm loving the fact I can use my imagination to find stuff for making 60s style futuristic stuff ( I thought at the start of this build that the corvette lent itself to that era, modern stuff would be either squarer or more streamlined)

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all, did some more detailing on the jet engine (yes I know all you jet engine enthusiasts out there it looks like no jet engine you ever saw) it's not real and doesn't exist in real life, I love this imaginary stuff, I can do anything.
348nl1u.jpg

24lvbk2.jpg

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Amazing imagination you have there Ken!.... love to see one not conforming to the norms of just kit building............. Good Show!...........Jim ;)

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Just caught up on this one Ken, some very INTERESTING work going on. Like you say your free to do anything you like to it, I like this wacky idea very much. Looking forward to the next instalment.