Rick's Airfix 1/24 Hawker Hurricane MK1

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
\ said:
Did the roundel clean up Rick?
I haven't been back to this yet Joe, I've been building a shed for my daughters and this coming weekend I am helping out at Andover Model Railway Club's annual show with a two week trip to Toulouse also on the cards - not much modelling time for a bit.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Know how you feel, it's been ages since I was able to get to my bench.

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Sealing coat of varnish done earlier this week and some weathering tonight, just some washes to tone it down and some gun port smoke and a dab from the exhaust. After a Matt coat I'll think about pigments then get the missing appendages glued on, speaking of which, I found the missing LG drag brace fairing on the garage floor last week - both are now fitted.

View attachment 121743

View attachment 121744

View attachment 121745

View attachment 121746

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Lots of little stuff on this tonight alongside the Tomcat. Tyre creep marks, gun sight, canopy and windscreen and the nav and landing lights and covers. The nav lights were clear 2.5 mm little cars lenses painted the appropriate colour then glued to the wing tips that had the recesses painted aluminium. The landing lamps were from the kit painted and glued, again into aluminium painted recesses. All glueing was done using Glue & glaze from Deluxe Materials.

I used a Woodland Scenic's road markings paint pen for the creep marks. Not shown are the two rubber boots in the roof of the gear compartment picked out in black; I thinks these are weather seals for the uplocks - someone will confirm or deny that for me.

Like the Tomcat the finishing line is in sight.

View attachment 123179

View attachment 123180

View attachment 123181

View attachment 123182

View attachment 123183

View attachment 123184

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Looks great Rick, I'll seek out the completed thread.