Rick's Airfix 1/48 BAe Hawk T1 ETPS Raspberry Ripple

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Here is my belated Raspberry Ripple BAe Hawk T1 in the colours of The Empire Test Pilots School. This is the Airfix 1/48 kit and was not too bad a kit to build, the paint scheme was more of a challenge as it is all straight lines which can be tricky to keep true. I used Vallejo Model Air paints and varnishes throughout - the polyurethane varnish was used on this with good results. Weathering was just a pin wash for the panel lines and nothing else.

Thanks for looking and the following during the build - http://www.scale-models.co.uk/threads/ricks-raspberry-ripple-bae-hawk.31263/

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

D

Deleted member 4539

Excellent work all round on this Hawk.

My brother used to work on the Hawk's when he was at Valley.

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
This is one true piece of really fine artwork on the paint job ( great build and I did follow its creation )

She really looks nice and the lines perfect and very subtle weathering.

I really like the bright colours

Regards

Robert

P

Polux

I don't know if is the colour or the photos.....but she looks so real!!

I really love it Rick, excellent build ;)

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Fantastic job Rick , the hawk looks so good in this scheme, which must have been tricky like all the raspberry ripples. Weathered and washed to perfection too - not an easy thing ti get right on white . The base is excellent too , complements the build without distracting the eye , great result , cheers tony

PhilJ

SMF Supporter
First Name
Phil
Nice one Rick, I know exactly what you mean about keeping those straight lines so well done mate

0ne48thtel

Cracking build and paint job Rick it is one of those paint schemes you miss seeing on airframes.

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
\ said:
Fantastic job Rick , the hawk looks so good in this scheme, which must have been tricky like all the raspberry ripples. Weathered and washed to perfection too - not an easy thing ti get right on white . The base is excellent too , complements the build without distracting the eye , great result , cheers tony
I totally agree with you Tony. When I saw the photo of it side on you realise just how good a looking jet the Hawk is and this scheme in particular really suits it.

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks for all the comments guys. Of all the builds I've done so far this is one I am really pleased with. Thanks also to those who have taken part in the SIG or are still plodding away (come on Joe).

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Beautifully finished Rick. That really does look smart. I will finish it's little brother one day soon hopefully. Your Hawk is truly inspirational, great job mate.