rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
\ said:
Coming along well.
Nice idea for the base.

I used the same company's sheets on my railway layout
It is good stuff from Scalescenes, isn't it? Many of his kits come with interior detail that can be used for signage, notice birds and even newspapers. If this were in 1/76 scale or above I would have used embossed plastic sheet or a filler type paste to create texture but as it is 1/144 the paper sheets are much easier to use.

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
After finally getting the yellow on the side of the cockpit sorted and a few coats of Clear (that behaved itself for a change) some decals have appeared on this little yellow cab. Just some minor work for the tyres, radome, winch and anti glare panel then finally the EAPS/SNIPS. Then the same with the grey cab.

These pictures were taken when the Micro Sol was still wet but they have settled really well.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
These are just about done with a coat of varnish to close them out. Instead of using the decals for the rotor tips I hand painted the yellow main rotor tips and red & white tail rotors. The two beam (bubble) windows were represented by just a small circle so I added 2.5mm lens' from little cars. The EAPS/SNIPS intake filters are super glued on. The Dark Sea Grey cab has had scratch built RWR fairings added to the nose and lower side of the tail to represent the real thing, as mentioned previously an ex-78 Sqn cab was on the strength of D Flight with 202 Sqn markings for some time before it left for major servicing at St. Mawgan and reverting to standard SAR configuration and rescue yellow.

The finishing touch will be the base. A proper completed post will appear soon.

The paint tin is for scale...yes, they are that small.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Goof looking [air of Sea Kings Rick, good work. Will watch for the completed pics on the base.

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I made a base for these some time ago but the card it was mounted on warped so I had to chuck it away and start again. I had a picture frame spare so I used Scelescenes sheets cut to size and glued to the base for the dispersal. Using a yellow paint pen and a yoghurt pot lid as a guide I painted the markings for the two,parking spots, they are a lot further apart in real life but compromises sometimes need to be made. To add a bit of interest there is a patch of green in the corner with an N gauge line side relay box to represent the dispersal flood light control cabinet. The Land Rover is from Oxford Die Cast and seems a little under scale compared to the helicopters.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg