Roman Cavalry Officer by Young's Miniatures

R

Resinman

Another week, and another bust - this time a Roman Cavalry officer from 180 AD.

No surprises here, straightforward assembly (8 parts) and painting, although I did experiment with painting a two-day old beard on him. Came out well, I think....

Once again a quality Young's bust - superb sculpting, casting and ease of assembly.

IMG_20180712_152351573_HDR.jpg
IMG_20180712_152401536_HDR.jpg

Peter Gillson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Peter
Nicely done. My only comment is that perhaps the metal is a little too silver and could do with being toned down a little.

Regards

Peter

R

Resinman

Nicely done. My only comment is that perhaps the metal is a little too silver and could do with being toned down a little.

Regards

Peter

Thank you Peter - and yes, I see what you mean about the silver. Metallics are the one thing I have most trouble with and I am still experimenting with using - and it's very useful getting feedback from people like you so I know whether they work or not... =)

Peter Gillson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Peter
Thank you Peter - and yes, I see what you mean about the silver. Metallics are the one thing I have most trouble with and I am still experimenting with using - and it's very useful getting feedback from people like you so I know whether they work or not... =)
Have you tried Humbrol polished steel?

HERE is a link to it being used

Peter

Jon Heptonstall

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jon
I think your particular style of painting and your colours really suit this sort of classical subject.
Looks lovely.
Jon.