Ron's 'Home Made' Zimmerit Paste Coating.

As I understand it the Germans were great advocates of magnetic mines so assumed that everyone else (eventually) would be so devised zimmerit as a defence. An example of the fundamental weakness of Fascist logic.

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Polyvinyl acetate is just a fancy word for PVA, thus providing the liquid bonding agent to the zimmerit ;)

What I listed was the "official" ingredients from the zimmerit manufacturer Chemische Werke Zimmer & Co but that doesn't cover for stuff they perhaps mixed in with the goop to stretch the supplies?
They list PVA Jens, not PVA adhesive! PVA is a rubbery solid at normal temperatures.

Pete

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Sorry boys, but this is getting a bit out of hand - and a tad heated!

It started off as a simple question by me as to what members thought of my zimmerit.

This is 'Critique Corner'. Can we leave it as that please.

If you chaps want to discuss the chemical composition, the merits or not of the paste etc., can you please start a new thread away this one?

Thanks.

Ron

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
No need for an apology Pete.

Sometimes, in the heat of the moment, we simply forget which forum category the thread was posted in...... :upside:

We've all done it.....

Cheers.
Ron

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Nice Ron,
Just checking up , thanks to Jim who pointed me in the right direction, and to your good self sending me here.
Reading about the " real " stuff I will NOT heating it up with a blow lamp. With this heatwave fires at Race Towers have been banned by management.
Yours .
Hot House John