Sad day for me, no more kittycat...:(

Wouter

SMF Poster
First Name
Wouter
Well, this is not the most pleasant day for...first I'll be losing my homebase forum (though this one sure helps to take the bitter pill) and today we went with our kittycat Mono to the vet because she had dental problems. Turned out she had a tumor in her mouth...so we had to put her to rest sadly...will be quiet in the house.

No more Mono inspecting my modelkits. Like in the beginning of my modelling career...what a bummer (want to use other words but they are less friendly and not for publication). The two oldest kids are at school, they won't be happy with the surprise either :sleeping2:

R.I.P Mono 01/04/2004 - 01/05/2018
DSC01071.JPG
Mono 002.jpg
Cheers

Last edited:

Jim R

SMF Poster
First Name
Jim
Hi Wouter
My sympathies to you and the family. Our pets are a big part of our lives and when we have to say goodbye it is heartbreaking.
Jim

Wouter

SMF Poster
First Name
Wouter
Hi Jim, thanks a lot chap. Yeah, you know that this will happen one day but when it's so sudden. Will be different in the house now...not silent but no more happy roars...

Jakko

SMF Poster
First Name
Jakko
I know the feeling — I found one of my cats dead of old age (she was 18) last summer and the other one (who was nearly 18) in January.

Wait a bit and get a new cat, is my advice. It won’t be the one you’ve got all the happy memories of, but you’ll get new happy memories with this one too.

Si Benson

Styrene Sticker
First Name
Si
Hi wouts,
Sorry to read of your sad new mate. It’s always tough to loose a loved pet, they are after all one of the family.
Had the same last year with my faithful hound....we gave him a fantastic life and for that, I am proud.
Si

Wouter

SMF Poster
First Name
Wouter
Cheers everyone. Yeah, one of the negatives of having pets ey, you know that one day it will end...

Ian M

GB Mod
Administrator
First Name
Ian
Sorry to learn that Mono has gone on the great mouse hunt. Lost cats both quickly and had them just never come home. Not sure which is worse.
If you are anything like us, you will have a new cat by the end of the week. Three times we have said "that is it, no more cats" and each time we fall for another one.
I hope the kids understand and dont take it to hard.

First Name
Jim
Hi Wouter,
So sorry to hear your news, losing pets is hard and something I've never got used to but it hasn't stopped us gettting other ones.
yours sympathetically Jim

Wouter

SMF Poster
First Name
Wouter
Sorry to learn that Mono has gone on the great mouse hunt. Lost cats both quickly and had them just never come home. Not sure which is worse.
If you are anything like us, you will have a new cat by the end of the week. Three times we have said "that is it, no more cats" and each time we fall for another one.
I hope the kids understand and dont take it to hard.
Hi Ian, not likely there will be another any time soon, with three kids it's quite the busy place already. I feel your pain with your cats not coming home anymore. Mono luckily was an 'inside' cat, she only left the house for some sunbathing in the garden, but she couldn't leave the garden. The oldest - Amélie, who is almost 8 , understands it a bit, but the two other boys: Julien (4) and Louis (almost 2) don't really get it, maybe for the best :smiling3:

Bob, Tim & Jim, many thanks fellas, good to read this :smiling3:

And Blair: totally agree, though they can have their temper. Still, I will even miss her eternal nagging for food and all :smiling3:

Marcello

SMF Poster
First Name
Marcello
Hi Wouter,
sorry for you loss. Being a vet and a former owner I perfectly understand what it means in those circumstances. Never an easy step to take, professionally, and never get used as owner no matter how many pets you've had

Wouter

SMF Poster
First Name
Wouter
Hi Marcello, thanks lad. Yeah I can imagine it's not one of the more 'fun' sides of the job. We didn't expect this to happen frankly, we just thought she had an infection in her mouth...maybe we could have prolonged here life a bit but there's no sense in making her suffer any longer really. Luckily there's such thing as a vet and putting them gently to sleep...

John Race

SMF Poster
First Name
John
Wouts.
Sorry mate, it's a bummer when we loose a pet. Pity you having to tell the children when they come home .
Mono is out of any pain, you did the kindest thing really, but it's hard to accept .
Love to all
John .