Sahariana AS42

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
prego... ti metto un paio di Foto dei camionettisti (you are Welcome I'll put a couple of pictures of Camionettisti...... for those who don't speak our faboulous language :smiling2::smiling2::smiling2::smiling2:)

784387.jpg784388.jpg784389.jpg

First Name
Marcello
Hi Gregory
thx for the pictures, very much appreciated. I also like the camo version of it. I guess it was a camo painted in the field (is this the correct way to say it, who knows). I think I will be going for a desert version (not yet decided). I think Model Victoria does some good figures, but not sure if I will add any, since my figure painting skills are debatable at least....

R

Ron Lebert

Looking good Marcello, I too have this kit sitting on the shelf so I will keep a eye on your build.
Ron

First Name
Marcello
Looking good Marcello, I too have this kit sitting on the shelf so I will keep a eye on your build.
Ron
Thanks Ron, hope you enjoy it.
Here is another brief update. Since there will be a lot of parts which need separate painting, I decided to prime (finishing surfacer 1500) and and just waiting to dry and will start painting it. Most of the build is complete now and next steps will be adding details. I struggled with the jerry can baskets in the front. I found the PE t be too thick for the purpose and I have tried to solder where it was needed with 0 results. CA glue didn't work at its best, but at the end all is in place. The muffler has been treated with some chipping medium, but some more work will be done in the next steps. The picture is out of focus but can't get any better :angry:.
003 - 1.jpg003 - 1.jpg003 - 2.jpg003 - 3.jpg003 - 4.jpg003 - 5.jpg003 - 6.jpg

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Marcello
It was great to have another read through and see the wet stuff going on. :thumb2:
Steve

First Name
Marcello
Hi,
thx Tony and Steve. Happy sunny bank holiday to all. A good day not to be spent in the cave with fumes of thinners around :smiling5:.
It was a productive night, last night and I managed to do some more progress. Suddenly this build is speeding to unprecedented levels....
A first layer of Tamiya desert yellow was used as base coat. Once dried, AK Real desert yellow was sprayed all over enhancing highlights and some details. Both desert yellows, but the difference in tonality is very remarkable. I guess AK stays with the concept of scale modulating the colours... Some PE work was needed to fit the jerry cans in place. Instead of priming this time I have used Mr Metal Primer. It worked well bonding the paint very well.. Went on by preparing the feels. An initial weathering had to be done since will be difficult (for me) to do it properly at later stages. For that I have used Desert Vallejo pigment and AK desert dust mixed together. Generously applied on the rubber and wiped off before it was completely dry. I quite like the end result, considering that it is just an initial step.
Today we are celebrating my son's birthday so not bench time.
That's it for now,
Cheers
Marcello004 - 1.jpg004 - 2.jpg004 - 3.jpg004 - 4.jpg004 - 5.jpg
004 - 1.jpg

First Name
Marcello
Hi,
it's been a while since my last update. Been busy with some 1:1 scale modelling which ended up with a semi-nightmare:face-with-head-bandage:
anyhow, I managed to spend some time at my bench and progressed the sahariana build. The main effort is complete and now the fun will begin.
here is how far I am so far
004 - 1 (1).jpg004 - 1 (1).jpg004 - 2 (1).jpg
Next steps are a clear coat and decals. Hope it will not take long before some more updatesAs usual and feedback/comment is always appreciated
Cheers
Marcello

Attachments

• 004 - 3 (1).jpg
    004 - 3 (1).jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 004 - 4 (1).jpg
    004 - 4 (1).jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 004 - 5 (1).jpg
    004 - 5 (1).jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 004 - 6.jpg
    004 - 6.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 004 - 7.jpg
    004 - 7.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 8

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
The only suggestion I can make is that the jerricans could have a more 'knocked about' look.

Pete

First Name
Marcello
hi
Guy - thank you
Pete- Thank you for your input. At the moment all of it other that the Breda and its support looks too new, and needs some proper 'field' treatment'. once decals are on, I'll start the to make it more lived. In any case appreciate your input.
Cheers Marcello

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Marcello

Nice update shots.

On the subject of beaten up jerry cans does anyone make them?. I could only find one supplier and they wernt that good.

Steve

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Steve,
You can try nicking the edges with a sharp knife to simulate dents.
Scottie