Sahariana AS42

First Name
Marcello
Hi
since I have recently moved form MM, here is my first entry. This was supposed to be my entry for the 'Desert Group Build 2018' but couldn't start it before the recent announcements. Enough with the past and let's look at the bright future, shall we?
This is going to be completely OOB build with just a basic desert base (which I have not yet even imagined...). I have not yet decided whether it will be a plain Giallo Desertico (desert yellow) or a camouflage patter as seen in some rare pictures. We'll see...001 - 1.jpg001 - 2.jpg001 - 3.jpg001 - 4.jpg001 - 5.jpg001 - 6.jpg001 - 7.jpg
The Camionetta Sahariana AS42 was the Italian response to the British LRDG reconnaissance vehicles and saw battle field in North Africa starting late November 1942. Early success convinced the Italian forces to its use in the final stages of the campaign in Libia and the whole campaign in Tunisia. After the end of war some units remained active until it was definitively retire in 1954.
The Italeri kit is not bad at all, with some nice details. The plastic is stiff, and some cleaning of mould lines is needed. Apart from that so far so good.
I am not sure if pictures have been posted correctly to be seen. If not, any suggestion is more than appreciated.
Cheers
Marcello

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
First of all, welcome to the forum Marcello, a nice start and the kit looks to have some nice detail. Looking forward to the next update.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi Marcello, glad you came over. This is looking good. Personally I love the picture handling on this site, so easy to use!
Cheers
Tim

First Name
Marcello
First of all, welcome to the forum Marcello, a nice start and the kit looks to have some nice detail. Looking forward to the next update.
Thanks Ian. Will try to post as soon the progress is significant enough to make sense:thumb2:

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Marcello
After a great start mate. Look forward to seeing the next update
Steve

First Name
Marcello
Hi,
A very brief update. I have started to put some colour in the interior and the seats, since it be diffixult to do it later on. I am using AK Real colour, but have some issues in finding the right dilution. Anyway I’ll find eventually. The greens are brushed, the rest airbrushed.
Cheers
Marcello
D99BBB1F-4AE7-4443-B1E7-03E9607CA1B4.jpegA9C5E138-3D74-4A0C-964C-68584A6C6C2C.jpegEA0297A0-4622-4AEC-B707-F0A571E2C73D.jpeg

Reactions: JR

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Marcello,

Your off to a great start. I have looked at getting this kit a few times myself.

Scottie

Neo

First Name
Artyom
Greetings! Very interesting project. I also have this kit and have plans to build it in near future. I have already bought some aftermarket to it:wheels from Hussar and Jerrycans from Asuka.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Marcello
You're off to a nice start. The kit looks rather nice. Some detail even on the underside. Are the springs from the kit or have you scratched them. Never seen Jerry cans moulded as a group.
Jim

First Name
Wouter
Hi Marcello, nice build you got yourself there. And paint already ey. Looking forward to see how the rest will unfold! The jerrycans are something special indeed.

Cheers

First Name
Marcello
welcome and thats looking good
Hi Steve,
thanks for stopping by and for your appreciation.
With very limited time in these days here is a very brief update. I managed to put some pieces together and starter the jerry cans. I went for mixed colours to give some more variation to the uniform sand yellow with will be the predominant colour of the model.
Not a big deal but slowly getting there
Cheers
Marcello
001 - 4 (1).jpg001 - 5 (1).jpg001 - 4 (1).jpg