scratch built Borg cube

B

baz

hello everyone ,
as you know I can not stop making models no matter how I try and this time I tried to resist but it was Futile, the Borg cube assimilated me and that was it I just had to build it, please let me know what you think as this will help me to improve my future models, she will soon be on display in TRANSPORT MODELS PRESTON LANCASHIRE and will assimilate any one who goes near her.

regards Barrie ( the old guy )

Attachments

• DSCF7102.jpg
    DSCF7102.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 35
  • DSCF7104.jpg
    DSCF7104.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 35
  • DSCF7108.jpg
    DSCF7108.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 32
  • DSCF7113.jpg
    DSCF7113.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 31
  • DSCF7114.jpg
    DSCF7114.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 31
  • DSCF7279.jpg
    DSCF7279.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 31
  • DSCF7284.jpg
    DSCF7284.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 30
  • DSCF7306.jpg
    DSCF7306.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 30
  • DSCF7299.jpg
    DSCF7299.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 31
  • DSCF7297.jpg
    DSCF7297.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 29

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Very cool. Is this the version from First Contact?

B

baz

YES Mr Bowcat this is that version ( or my best attempt at that version ) I have the film on dvd but even when you freeze frame its hard to get any real detail from the pictures so there is a bit of artistic licence in there.

Regards Barrie ( the old guy )

J

Jens Andrée

What a cunning way to use the old sprues!

There are a few versions of the Borg cubes but this is clearly the one from First Contact, and a well made one too I might add ;)
I'm secretly a trekkie although it's not something I talk about amongst friends and I don't dress up in my basement - but I still love the original series, TNG, Enterprise (the prequel), Voyager, all the movies - including the new timeline, but the new series Discovery not so much...It might pick up though?

I'm really impressed with your scratch building skills Barrie and you should work in the movie industry (if you don't already do?) because miniature models are coming back in favour of digital models recently and it makes all the difference if you ask me! No computer rendering can beat a well built model!

You should consider making vacuum pressed DIY kits of some of your models, especially the Alien ones, because we would pay you for this!
Ok, it's a lot of work setting it up but it would be popular, that I'm sure of!

B

baz

What a cunning way to use the old sprues!

Thank you Jens Andree,
for you kind words about my model, NO I do not work in the film industry ( I wish I did ) I am 63 years old and like you a trekkie having watched the original series when it was on British tv back in the 1960s I would also like to make vac pressed things but space and cost go against me all my models are originals in scale and build, and I have manged to sell quite a number as people seem to like the fact that they are in effect made to order. I display models at my local hobby shop TRANSPORT MODELS IN PRESTON LANCASHIRE. the owner is a good friend and like to fill his ceiling with my models. I just wish I had more time and a bigger space to work in to complete even more than the number I do now ( about 10 or 12 models a year ) I am glad that you have enjoyed seeing my work and I will post more as more models are built I can not stop building even when people have not asked for a particular model.

regards Barrie ( the old guy )

There are a few versions of the Borg cubes but this is clearly the one from First Contact, and a well made one too I might add ;)
I'm secretly a trekkie although it's not something I talk about amongst friends and I don't dress up in my basement - but I still love the original series, TNG, Enterprise (the prequel), Voyager, all the movies - including the new timeline, but the new series Discovery not so much...It might pick up though?

I'm really impressed with your scratch building skills Barrie and you should work in the movie industry (if you don't already do?) because miniature models are coming back in favour of digital models recently and it makes all the difference if you ask me! No computer rendering can beat a well built model!

You should consider making vacuum pressed DIY kits of some of your models, especially the Alien ones, because we would pay you for this!
Ok, it's a lot of work setting it up but it would be popular, that I'm sure of!