"Set aside." Normandy diorama.

Jim F

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Si,
There were varying sizes of flatcars which were used inconjunction to move a unit/battalion spreadig the weight of the different vehicles over the length of the trains so as not to overload tracks and bridges, there is an interesting thread on Missing Lynx where the use of the vehicles onboard tow cables were used to tie them to the rolling stock it's a bit heavy for most but is fascinating.
regards Jim

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
In addition to Jim's comments I can add that the DR also built a six axle version of this car specifically for Tigers and King Tigers as well. I have about a dozen of these beauties for my someday wartime DRG model railroad.
Cheers Rick H.

A

Armorguy

Thank you guys for the info on the German railcar types !
Meanwhile I have decided not to use my Panther as German tanks were stripped from their side skirts and the mg's were temporarily removed too. My Panther still has a couple of skirts plus the frontal mg is clearly visible.
I'll finish the base and the flatbed railcar and build another Panther to keep things moreless accurate.
My built battle worn Panther will be part of a small diorama later this year.

A

Armorguy

The grass tufts are added and while waiting for the zimmerited Panther D kit I've ordered. I've decided to brushfiddle the 326 a bit more. It will be used for another small diorama. I pinwashed to add more contrast.330021

Last edited by a moderator:

Steven000

WWII and nuts.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
Very nice work Guy, it all looks lovely :thumb2:
Steven

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Do I take it from your last statement Guy that you are building another Panther? If so which kit are you using please??

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
this is coming along very nicely,great work on her,looking good,with the weathering your done,:thumb2: