"Set aside." Normandy diorama.

A

Armorguy

Hello fellow modelers, recently I finished Dragon's Panther A Late with Normandy camouflage pattern. Before that build I worked on a Schwerer Platformwagen type SSys from Sabre which needs more weathering.. The coming months I want to create a scene with both vehicles. The title is just a working title.

The base was primed, sanded, primed a second time and I then sprayed on two layers of Gloss black. The base is simple, an image follows.

The Platformwagen SSys.

1.jpg

The unfinished Platformwagen.

59.JPG

The Panther.

1.jpg

The Panther's finished.

48.jpg

Best regards ! AG.

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
wow.... both models look fantastic...and th weathering on the Panther is SPOT ON... love it...

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
This is already going to be a treat, judging by the two (did you say the platformwagon is unfinished?) builds, Guy. Can I come to the front row seat?

Cheers,
Richard

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Guy
Looking forward to it. Both models look superb even if the rail wagon is due more work.
Jim

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Some excellent builds there Guy,
Love the Panther paintwork especially! I built a Platformwagon that came with a cyberhobby PzIII years ago but could never decide how to model it so boxed it up.
Look forward to seeing some progress, might inspire me to tackle mine again:thinking:
Si

A

Armorguy

Gregory, many thanks for the kind words. The Panther was cool to build and finish.

Mick, I can't wait to start the basework.

Richard, it needs heavier weathering as these things collected a lot of dust and grease over the years.

Jim, the hobbyroom's temperature makes it impossible to focus on the job so I4ll have to be patient.

Si, I have that kit too but there weren't instructions in the box, I believe I have two of them without instruction sheets ! I hope I can inspire you . I'd say fire up yours.

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Gregory, many thanks for the kind words. The Panther was cool to build and finish.

Mick, I can't wait to start the basework.

Richard, it needs heavier weathering as these things collected a lot of dust and grease over the years.

Jim, the hobbyroom's temperature makes it impossible to focus on the job so I4ll have to be patient.

Si, I have that kit too but there weren't instructions in the box, I believe I have two of them without instruction sheets ! I hope I can inspire you . I'd say fire up yours.

You want me to see if i still have my instructions, I can take some pictures and send you them?
Si

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I'm in please Guy, both those models look superb, did you do that Zimmerit . looks good.
John .

A

Armorguy

I'm in please Guy, both those models look superb, did you do that Zimmerit . looks good.
John .

John, the Zimmerit is from ATAK, here and there I've sculpted the impact damage with Magic Sculp.
Thank you for the kind words sir.

A

Armorguy

I'm building the basics of the base now, it's far from finished but the shape of the sleeper bed is visible already. I want a pretty symmetric look with the Platformwagen and Panther as the centerpiece.

The sleepers are from Sabre but they will be modified and completed with Evergreen products.

1.jpg

Best regards ! AG.

Jim F

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Guy,
I love that Panther the finish is superb, I can't wait to see what you do with the platform wagon and I'll be interested to see them come together.. Have you any figures planned to enhance the finish?
regards Jim

A

Armorguy

Jim I'm still thinking if I'll add figures or not. Maybe a couple of children...

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Very envious Guy. I was hoping to put a build on a railway flat bed one day. Will look on with interest. The Panther is stunning

A

Armorguy

Thank you Steve, I can recommend the Sabre flatbed wagon, superb fit, no or little flash...

A first layer of gravel was sprinkled into a heavy mixture of plaster/water/wood glue. I'll have to rework slightly here and there and add more once the sleepers are in place.
20180804_210901.jpg

It's a start...

20180804_210846.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Guy.
Nicely set out track sleepers, are they resin ?, the detail on them is top class.
Looking fwd to seeing progress on this, I've never seen a flatbed and tank build on any forum before.
John

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi Guy
Good build so far, the Panther and flatbed are excellent.
One thing strikes me though, are you sleepers too close together? It may be the photos, but the images make them seem too close, at least to my eye? The other aspect to keep in mind is the ballasting. If the waggon is to be shown in a yard setting there wouldn’t be a ballast shoulder. This was to improve safety for the railway staff as the flat ballast would be easier to walk on. If you are showing the waggon on a running line, however, shouldered ballast would be fine. Detail on those sleepers is excellent, by the way, nice to see them full thickness as well.....
Cheers
Tim