Skoda Fabia WRC S2000

P

PWick

This is the Belkits version of this WRC rallycar. A very detailed kit with PE parts and Skoda factory decals. One problem was the top of the rollcage being twisted, so fit the sides onto the interior tub, and cut the cage behind the first top crossmember allowing the rear half to be sanded to fit, OK done. The rest is straightforward.

I have various clearcoats from three makers, dull/clear and a new one, pearl clear, so I tried it on this build after laying up most of the bodyshell decals. These were Sebastien Ogier's first drive with the VW Group, supporting 'Wings for Life'.

The clearcoat with sparkle..............
photo3-th.jpg

photo-th.jpg

photo4-th.jpg

photo5-th.jpg

photo1-th.jpg

There are in the kit bumper mounted night lamps, but they cover decals so I left them off.

P

Polux

That is a.......Skoda?!!??? A simple Skoda... :confused:
Where are your "strange" vehicles? :p :p :p

Nice work on the decals!

P

PWick

Thanks Polux. I have a few more 'strange' vehicles coming through the design department, that's me! But I thought I'd better clear some 'standard' kits for the time being!
Yes I preferred the aftermarket decs on this occasion as most everyone else was using the standard factory coloured ones.

P

PWick

Thanks guys after the probs with the rollcage a very interesting build of a top quality brand.

P

PWick

Cheers Bob, I love decaling it makes all the difference between a normal build and one that 'POPS'!