Small sniper vignette , take em out

R

Richy C

B

bikerbart

Brilliant Richy, soooooo looking forward to this buddy, i got this kit from John yesterday along with the german set from Dragon :smiling:

P

Plastickitbasher

Richy,

Looking good so far.

Figure tip for shadows I use Mig Dark wash applied in the dry brush style. For the face start with shadows and build to the highlights, hope these help you fella.

Looking forward to seeing the rest of this build.

Regards

David

F

Fenlander

I like the look of this, as yo say, the figures are going to be the focal point so you have taken on a great challenge, I will certainly be interested in the progress.

R

Richy C

Cheers guys , thanks for the advice David tbh thats what I sort of do anyway, its the flesh areas which challenge me I might even have a go with oils on this one if it goes belly up then I can cover them in snow LOL , this one does not worry me its the tank dio thats going to be testing

Richy

R

rogue-one

hi richy. this looks like its gonna be a crackin wee vignette. hope the painting goes well and will follow this post with interest.

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Can't wait for this Richy, this is going to look great.

Have fun, John

N

noble

This is going to look sooooo go i have a special place in my heart for snipers and what they do.

scott

F

Fenlander

I too have a soft (yet healthy) spot for the snippers craft. I even used to play computer games as sniper whenever possible. Something about zooming in with a Barrett and taking the shot.... maybe not that healthy really lol

G

garethm

Looks good Richy, I add my name to admiring snipers. Reading about the Russian snipers in Stalingrad oh boy! I love doing figures but hopeless at faces? I`ll watch with interest. Gareth.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Nice one Richy, coming along a treat.

Ron

R

Richy C

The small vignette base is nearly done , could have gone with a snowy look but in my opinion it would of taken away a lot of detail so went for the other Russian option very wet grey and miserable look , after 3 coats of klear to make the wet look I lost all the detail in the rubble by the wall so will work on that with a bit more dry brushing and a few more pigments at the moment it looks gloss brown which I promise you looked really good before I put the klear on but did not have the Russian look , the figures are ready to paint now after a few goings over with Tipex ,

Richy

View attachment 18790View attachment 18788View attachment 18789

View attachment 26333

View attachment 26334

View attachment 26335

IMG_4287.jpg

IMG_4300.jpg

IMG_4268.jpg

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Nice one. I shudder to think where that cocktail stick is going on the fella nearest in your second photo!

Cheers

Steve

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
I like it!

Really nice Richy.

Ron

R

Richy C

Cheers Ron , Steve your correct mate that tookpick is where no real man would like a toothpick never thought about it , now you`ve made me feel guilty LOL

Richy

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
\ said:
Cheers Ron , Steve your correct mate that tookpick is where no real man would like a toothpick never thought about it , now you`ve made me feel guilty LOLRichy
Richy, apparently it only makes the eyes water when it's removed!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
\ said:
Richy, apparently it only makes the eyes water when it's removed!!!!!!!!!!!!
How do you know? Just what is it that you and your bouncy nurse get up to?

Richy - if your figures come out anywhere near as good as your background; we're in for a treat!

Gern

B

bikerbart

Love it Richy...what a little cracker this is turning into, well done buddy :smiling: