Some of My Previous builds

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
I tend to go through phases of modelling, at times I go for AFVs, then maybe softskins, then change course and go for 1/48 aircraft ( It also depends on any bargains I can pick up! )
So here are a few of my Military Builds - all 1/35.
HB Schneider.jpg
HobbyBoss Schneider
HB St Chamond.jpg
HobbyBoss St. Chamond
Trumpeter Voroshilovets.jpg
Trumpeter Voroshilovets
Tamiya Steyr 1500.jpg
Tamiya Steyr 1500
MiniArt t-50.jpg
MiniArt T-50
MiniArt T-60.jpg
MiniArt T-60
HB GMC Bofors.jpg
HobbyBoss GMC & 40mm Bofors
HB GMC Tanker.jpg
HobbyBoss GMC TankerRevell M48.jpg
Revell M 48
HB 1-35 Achzarit.jpg
HobbyBoss Achzarit

I have a few older build pictures, but sadly they were taken on an old digital camera, and now look like thumbnail quality.
In my choice of models, I do tend to go for rarely seen ( unpopular? ) builds - or those that are a bargain! ( like the Revell M 48 ), and I'm not a massive fan of PE, unless it's for grilles, and excepting that it's really obscure I stick with mixing my own colours- or those that are closest in my box!
Dave

D

Deleted member 6559

Great work Dave - very nice to see it again.

Happy Birthday!

D

Deleted member 5819

Hi Dave very nice work indeed, the Voroshilovets is catching my eye might have to add it to my list, the HB Schneider and the HB St. Chamond did you have any problems with them, they are the next two on my WW1 list to get :thumb2:.
Pete.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Pete,
the St Chamond has a complicated suspension - and has single piece click together track links,but a nice model.
The Schneider is the CA version with applique armour ( 83862 ). The tracks are 3 pieces per link, and are an absolute pig to assemble, they are supposed to be flexible (!!), but I ended up glueing the whole lot together, not a model I would willingly try again, unless you could get replacement tracks!track 03.jpgtrack 01.jpgtrack 02.jpg It looks OK when finished, but a fair bit of pain to get there.
The Voroshilovets is a very nice model - a bit different
Dave

Last edited:

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Pete,
I looked on one of my external hard drives, and found the pictures of the St Chamond tracks.................links as is.jpglinks clipped.jpg

They may not be quite as detailed as the Schneider tracks, but the tracks aren't particularly visible on either tank
Dave

D

Deleted member 5819

Hi Dave thanks a lot for the information nice to get the head's up on a kit before you buy it.:thumb2:
Pete.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Dave,
Thanks for the peek. Really like the Steyr ! Hope to do one in 87 scale.
Rick H.:thumb2: