Sonic Cleaning Cleaning Solution

T

tecdes

Has any member used the JPL cleaning solution in their Sonic Sound Cleaning Machine ?

Obvious question does it work better than water & a bit of wahing up liquird (Fairy Liquid of course wife will only wash up with this brand so I am stuck with it) ?

Seems good but is it worth the cost ?

Laurie

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
I have not used jpl but have used another brand and my personal experience is that it only makes a small difference to water and washing up liquid I only ever use mine for a deep clean of my airbrush you didn't say what you was trying to clean but my opinion is don't bother with it carry on as you are cheers John

S

Stevekir

I use a very small drop of washing up liquid and warm water. I find small particles in the water after a clean so it seems to be working alright.

I tried false teeth once (someone else's) but it had no effect.

First Name
Dave
It's used for cleaning aircraft gas turbine engine parts or anything metal that needs cleaning.used neet.I use IPA for diluting Tamiya paints and cleaning my airbrush after spraying acrylics with it.So it should be ok for your purpose.

T

tecdes

\ said:
It's used for cleaning aircraft gas turbine engine parts or anything metal that needs cleaning.used neet.I use IPA for diluting Tamiya paints and cleaning my airbrush after spraying acrylics with it.So it should be ok for your purpose.
Dave is it OK toxic wise ? Ha ha not drinking thinking of breathing the stuff in.

Coincidence just ordered some this afternoon.

Laurie

First Name
Dave
It's a solvent so its best to take the usual precautions.Good ventilation,rubber gloves etc.Its not strong smelling and I don't use a mask unless I'm spraying with the stuff.