Source of decals

R

Rigger100472

Hi I am about to start a 1:48 scale hasagawa harrier gr7 which was a gift. The decals in the box aren't from the sqn I worked on so I am looking for 4sqn 1:48 scale, harrier gr7 or decals. Can anyone

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
quick look on hannants show decals for GR1 but not GR9, made by Model Alliance..........someone else might know of someone else that makes them

where you at Cottesmore or Gut?

J

Jens Andrée

I've recently ascertained the black art of homemade decals and it can work really well with the right decal kit and a good inkjet photo printer - and a lot of time for learning how to make good computer graphics and how to scale correctly.
The printed decals HAVE to be clear coated right away as soon as they've dried, and you have to cut them out precisely since you're printing on one A4 size decal, but it looks really good when you've got the hang of it - if you're prepared to put in the hours... (and the money...)

The benefit is that you can have any decal you want but the downside is that it costs a bit to get started and to learn how to use them...
My photo printer is sadly in need of replacing so I'm going to wait for now but there are really good instructional videos on youtube on the matter.

If not then eBay is your friend for finding available decals - if they exist.