Spam

Mr Bowcat

SMF Poster
First Name
Bob
What's with all the spam accounts/threads lately? Is there a way of blocking these from signing up?

Well done to the mods/admin for cleaning up the place. :smiling3:

John

Administrator
Administrator
I guess they just for a bit smarted, I've just deleted another couple

Mr Bowcat

SMF Poster
First Name
Bob
Cheers John, i report them where I see them, just seems we've been invaded recently. :smiling5:

First Name
Jens
Can't you change captcha or temporarily use manual account activation until the bot gives up due to repeated failures?

XenForo has support for stopforumspam.com and there are additional modules here:
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

I'm the author of the original IPB (Invision) stopforumspam plugin and it's been running for 7 years now without any need for an update and the last 7 years only 2 spambots made it through (out of ~20 average registrations per day)
I can recommend using at least IP and email matching, both registration and login. It creates very little overhead.

John

Administrator
Administrator
Can't you change captcha or temporarily use manual account activation until the bot gives up due to repeated failures?
We have always used reCAPTCHA, I've just changed it to reCAPTCHA invisible, see if that makes a difference.

yak face

First Name
tony
Ive deleted four in the last two days, we seem to go through a phase of getting quite a few at once then nothing for months and months. All we can do is keep our eyes open and report any as soon as you see them , then its up to us spam gunners to blast them out of existence ! :cool::cool::cool: