SS Officer in Evening Dress by Sarnia Miniatures.

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6559

100_2742.JPG100_2741.JPG100_2744.JPG

As most of you will know, Peter Gillson is running a thread on the construction and painting of his new bust, an SS man in evening dress. With sculpting complete, I have once again been given the honour of painting one of the first castings for the box art.

The black uniform is mostly done in Vallejo German Grey over a Matt Black ground, leaving the deepest blacks in the shadows. I added a little white to the grey to pick out one or two folds.

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Hi peter, that braiding looks superb, I did wonder when I saw chain on the original, it reminded me of an outfit Kenny Everett used to wear. Another great job from you.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Terrific stuff Peter. The white came out well. Do you get to keep it or do you give it back to Peter?

D

Deleted member 6559

Mick - Glad you like him. Kenny Everett would be fun to do.

Steve - Thanks also. I do normally get to keep them, but Peter is going to have a stall at Euro this year and wants to take the painted busts. As it would therefore be more use to him to have them, I'm going to send all of the completed ones back. I've got good photos and of course I've had the fun of painting them.

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Wow you did him quick Peter.I like this as hes different from the usual waffen ss camo uniforms seen.The lanyard thingies really add to the piece.Nice job by both the Peters.
Richard

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Peter.
Beautiful.
I have been waiting to see this since Peter G said you were going to do it .
Let's hope he does well at the show, he deserves it.
John.

Peter Gillson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Peter
Hi guys
Peter has done a cracking good job on this bust - he has set a high standard which make my painting the bust a daunting prospect .

Thanks for all of the nice comments, they are appreciated.

The braid was made from 3 lengths of fuse wire which I platted together. It is very easy to work with and will stay in place.

Peter

Reactions: JR

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Opps

Missed this one completely!

Black and white, to of the hardest colours for modulation and shading, excellent work Peter

Great sculpt Too, Peter G

Off to find the new stuff!

Redgards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Thanks for looking in and commenting on this one chaps. Peter G has done a great job and it was a joy to paint.