Stop the pigeon GB

P

Polux

Well...no military stuff and it’s the perfect GB for blow up your own imagination....
I’m in Tony ;)

J

Jens Andrée

Stop the pigeon, or "Stoppa duvan" as it was called when it aired here, was shown a couple of years later here in the land of lap-dancing so I'm almost too old to have seen it...
...but after watching that youtube clip I remembered some of it and all of their weird and bonkers contraptions to capture that pigeon - which always ended up in failure and a dog with a chain smokers voice laughing at the end!

It's certainly a bonkers built that would fit my sense of humor but sadly my spares parts drawer is full of German tank bits and not a single piece of air plane or similar. Not a single propeller or jet engine :sad:
Perhaps this can all be fabricobbled with plasticard and brass? It's a GB that you can be a bit more relaxed when building for sure! :smiling3:

I'm going to study a whole episode and refresh my aging brain and see if I get any ideas and get back shortly with my eventual participation!
Perhaps you don't need any large pile of airplane parts to pull this off?
Regardless it's a fantastic idea for a GB and one I'd love to join if I felt I could do it.

Last edited by a moderator:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Six months sounds fine, but there are quite a few other builds starting I January, what's the consensus for moving the start date?..

I'm in favour of leaving it at Jan.1st, but instead of just 6 months, how about the full year like some others?

Bit late now, but thinking about it, is there really a need for any set start/finish date? (apart from the obvious Jan/Dec.)
Given the full 12 mths. would leave G.B. builders free to build what they want, when they want, depending on their personal circumstances.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Full year is fine by me , i always struggle with finish dates anyway!

P

Polux

Nice one Ian!

I will do it equally....the idea is brilliant, I thought :smiling3:

J

Jens Andrée

After some careful and not so careful thinking I've decided to join in on this bonkers GB and will try to cobble up my own flying contraption in the style of Dastardly and Muttley in Their Flying Machines!
Mine is going to be more or less a full scratch built one as I have zero airplane parts at hand, but if I find a suitable donor kit that could change...?

Anyhow, I'm in!

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Cheers jens , im sure not having any aero parts in the spares box wont be an issue . I think that most of us will be using quite a lot of unusual objects and materials too , wooden spoons , tea strainers , goldfish nets -you name it im sure we will see it! The cartoon nature of the subject too means that anything goes so there really are no limits ! Thanks for joining in , nearly got the required amount now! Cheers tony

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
I'm happy with a full year also, I hope this one goes ahead, this is going to be the main kit if it does.
View attachment 290587
But there will be many changes
Brilliant ian , perfect choice , the walrus looks crazy to start with , cant wait to see this one , cheers tony

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Great idea, look forward to seeing the madness evolve. I'll have to sit this one out for now sorry, but as it's a year long, I'll see how my other builds go and join in late if I get the chance.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
D6B8FF58-A5DB-494E-955E-E9CEA07F40E9.jpeg Well if we get the required number of participants ( actually im going to do one even if we dont) heres half of my subjects , bought for peanuts off e bay ! Theyre not modern by any means but it doesnt make a bit of difference , they're cheap , available and perfect for transformation . Ive also got a 1/48 fiat cr32 and a 1/40 cr 42 in the stash also by smer that are going to be the other victims. So cone on peeps we only need another couple of definites and its a goer.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Well i suppose thats the only stipulation , that whatever you build looks in the style of the cartoon , it doesnt necessarily have to be a biplane ,there were plenty of old looking monoplanes , just as long as it looks like the ones in the cartoon (actually one of mine is going to have at least four wings!)

james pithouse

Models are fun just ask kpnuts
First Name
James
evey body pic kpnuts brain he comes up with wakey, be carefull he might turn you all wakey lol. Me I like to sit back and stay clear, as it hurts my brain.:D:D:D:p:p

P

Polux

Any more taker?????? :confused:

:D :D :D

Tony# it must look like the cartoon, and the paintwork? Simple without shades and modulations...? Could be nice do it equal as on tv, not?

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
It's a great idea Tony. The thing is I don't want to commit to too many GBs and not finish them all.
Love to do a pair of aircraft one with a giant baseball bat the other with a giant catchers mitt both on mechanical arms (i think that may have been an episode?)

Anyway, it will be real fun seeing these creations coming together.
All the best
Paul