Superglue or cyanoacrylate glue

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
Hi guys

I went through my glues the other day and chucked quire a few out as had dried up etc
My tami glues are great fir plastic etc. But I have tried s few cheapie superglues fir PE but can be messy at times avd once opened they don't have a god shelf life
Just wondering if I can get the best advice on here from you great PE modellers ( it's prob been asked a million times all ready

Regards

Robert

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Unfortunately all superglue has a limited shelf life. Once opened and exposed to air it goes off. You can slow the process down if you can store it in a cool place, ideally the fridge, but let's just say I'm not allowed to do that!
I generally use a superglue gel for PE as it is more manageable than a thin liquid.
Cheers
Steve

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
Unfortunately all superglue has a limited shelf life. Once opened and exposed to air it goes off. You can slow the process down if you can store it in a cool place, ideally the fridge, but let's just say I'm not allowed to do that!
I generally use a superglue gel for PE as it is more manageable than a thin liquid.
Cheers
Steve

Yeah I tried keeping cool and even the ones with the pin in the lid
I suppose that's why they are in small bottles.
I've even tried using PVA glue on PE parts but sometimes at the end when weathering the part it pops off so I'll look into gels

Thanks again