Takom Luchs A1 A2

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Ross
Great progress and looking really nice. Not heard of the Amoured Glass stuff but works well.
Jim

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi Ross.
Nice placement of those decals, esp the Tyre pressure ones. Looking good , looking fwd to seeing the turret on .
John .

First Name
Lee
Hi Ross

Nice work really coming together.

Regards Lee

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
First class build Ross , looks amazing , cheers tony

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
A wonderful build Ross. I have enjoyed seeing it come together. Will it be left as is or are you thinking about doing a base?

First Name
Ross
Thanks Tony.
Steve, left as is mate.
Ian, thanks mate.

Well I had some problems with this build, mostly I think caused by my CA glue going off (not sticking very well), the biggest problem was the metal springs, the under carriage should be moveable but I had problems getting the PE washers to stay on when melting the sprue, I'm sure with the small size of some of the pieces they could of moulded little plastic caps that would of worked better. The other thing that annoyed me about this build was the use of PE covers for the periscope covers, I really hate being forced to use PE, I like the option. These periscope covers were so fragile that if you didn't get them perfect on the first bend they tended to break off.

I'll put it down to being an early release of Takom's and maybe they were trying too hard. I built this and it was a joy.
amx 13-75 9d.jpg

I have a few other Takom kits in the stash and I look forward to building them up at some stage in the future. Maybe it was just too complex a kit after a long layoff of building. Anyway it's not going on to the shelf of glory, I might put it to the side and use it as a guinea pig.

cheers
Ross