Takom M3 Grant

D

Deleted member 5819

Hi Tony I like your choice of colours for the camo :thumb2: (I never use the right colours, I choose what I think is the nearest one :surprised:) keep up the good work.
Pete.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Well having seen this go through the build stages makes me inclined to take up another hobby , it's just too good .! :thumb2:
Dejected of Lincs
John

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Bless you mate, have a ST 65 Tractor coming up next looking fwd to the tracks !
John .

T

Tony Lee

There for a second I thought you were going to buy a farm but you're talkin about the little dozer,right?

:smiling4:

D

Deleted member 5819

Very nice Tony,that one thing I over do is the pin wash, probably because I use hairy sticks, but you is spot on :thumb2:.
Pete.

T

Tony Lee

Pete I use one of those hairy sticks too It's a small fine pointed one. I just touch the rivet or seam lightly and let the wash run down or around where I want it. If there is too much I take a clean thinner damp brush and blend the extra into the surrounding area
Thanks
Tony lee:smiling4:

D

Deleted member 5819

Pete I use one of those hairy sticks too It's a small fine pointed one. I just touch the rivet or seam lightly and let the wash run down or around where I want it. If there is too much I take a clean thinner damp brush and blend the extra into the surrounding area
Thanks
Tony lee:smiling4:
Thats where I'm going wrong, this is the hairy stick I've been using :smiling4::smiling4::smiling4::smiling4: I'm just heavy handed :sad-face: but thanks for the Info :thumb2:
stiff_basspolycane_mix_yard_broom_13_with_socket_handle_product_image.png

Pete.

T

Tony Lee

I sprayed the dust coat this morning applying more on the front and rear with less on the sides.
Three shades of sand and dust pigments will be laid on next.
100_3658.JPG100_3660.JPG

Almost there Ian
Tony lee

A

Armorguy

You keep going Tony, the camo looks really well executed. The washes do the trick and ùmake it more interesting.

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Tony,
Just caught up to your build, and the paint finish is superb, that is how 1/35 scale squaddies would have done it, if you understand what I mean. the outline is not picture perfect but has the look of running out of paint, great.
Cheers, Mike.

T

Tony Lee

MikeC, I didn't have any narrow tape so I had to wing it,just what you would expect from GIs in the field.

I'm calling it FINI anyway before I do any more damage or it gets out of hand,Less is More they say.
100_3661.JPG100_3662.JPG100_3663.JPG100_3664.JPG100_3665.JPG100_3666.JPG
Hope you guys enjoyed the ride and Thanks

Tony lee

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Really nice job. Excellent! Love the weathering, subtle and effective.
Cheers
Tim