Tamiya 1/35 panzer iv ausf d

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
very nice build Jack,well done so far,
will look forward to seeing the end result,;)

J

Jens Andrée

Nice one Jack! :smiling3:

If it's part of the Stalingrad shenanigans then I'd wait to do the final weathering until the diorama is getting ready and you tie in the vehicles with the same dirt, grime and carnage.
If not it's going to make your life easier and it's going to ensure that they've all got the same mud/dirt colour as the environment!

Most of the German panzers were new when they attacked Stalingrad so depending on when this battle takes place there might not have been enough time to collect too many dings and scratches?!
At least there wouldn't be rust and such. But this is only if you're going to pick a date, count the days and try to be anal about it... It's your diorama and it's your canvas!

J

Jack10

Nice one Jack! :smiling3:

If it's part of the Stalingrad shenanigans then I'd wait to do the final weathering until the diorama is getting ready and you tie in the vehicles with the same dirt, grime and carnage.
If not it's going to make your life easier and it's going to ensure that they've all got the same mud/dirt colour as the environment!

Most of the German panzers were new when they attacked Stalingrad so depending on when this battle takes place there might not have been enough time to collect too many dings and scratches?!
At least there wouldn't be rust and such. But this is only if you're going to pick a date, count the days and try to be anal about it... It's your diorama and it's your canvas!
Cheers jens, yeah it is for the Stalingrad dio :smiling3: Thanks for the info, I will try keep it fairly accurate but I still want it to be a fun build so won't get too bogged down by all that. I will use your advice though and do the weathering when I do the base, makes things easier

J

Jack10

IMG_3205.JPG Think I'm sorted now for the german side.Need to do a few more Russians now to even it up a bit :D