Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
very nice

just shows its possible to turn an really old kit into some thing nice

J

Jens Andrée

You turned into a very good armour modeller in no time!!!
Very well made Jack! :smiling:

I've got nothing at all to criticise your paint and weathering either, just bloody well done mate!

The only sad thing are those ancient vinyl tracks with that sad joint... But a couple splashes of mud will hide that in no time and you made the right choice of joining the halves on the bottom side, for that reason.
Your Stalingrad diorama will be a good looking one with this and the German halftrack for sure!

J

Jack10

You turned into a very good armour modeller in no time!!!
Very well made Jack! :smiling:

I've got nothing at all to criticise your paint and weathering either, just bloody well done mate!

The only sad thing are those ancient vinyl tracks with that sad joint... But a couple splashes of mud will hide that in no time and you made the right choice of joining the halves on the bottom side, for that reason.
Your Stalingrad diorama will be a good looking one with this and the German halftrack for sure!
Cheers mate.

I've got an academy tiger 1 with full interior on order from eBay. So have a buddy build with a couple of the guys off youtube to do that with in the new year... but next on the bench will be the ratte you sent me. Only done Tamiya kits so far so need to try something else. Going to try finish the Stalingrad builds first though! Not sure I'm going to add this to the street scene I'm going to do though, might look a bit cluttered with this, the halftrack AND the panzer 4?

The thing I find most annoying about the rubber tracks is how easily the paint just chips and falls off the rubber! I primed and painted then added a coat of varnish but as soon as I tried to move them the paint just flakes off. I've been told Tamiya paint bonds better with the rubber, I use Vallejo though so I'm guessing there's the problem

J

Jens Andrée

You are correct with regards to paint on those ancient vinyl tracks, you need Tamiya paint, or the really old-school Humbrol stuff, in order for it to stick.
It all depends on how big you make your diorama, but you're right it might get a bit crowded with too many vehicles? Not that it's going to stop me on my Schwerer Gustav build but that's going to be huge! ;)

Good luck with all the modelling!!! (not that you need it but anyway...)

J

Jack10

You are correct with regards to paint on those ancient vinyl tracks, you need Tamiya paint, or the really old-school Humbrol stuff, in order for it to stick.
It all depends on how big you make your diorama, but you're right it might get a bit crowded with too many vehicles? Not that it's going to stop me on my Schwerer Gustav build but that's going to be huge! ;)

Good luck with all the modelling!!! (not that you need it but anyway...)
The humbrol enamel tins? I have hundreds of those if only I knew.
I might make it pretty big I've got 2 mini art ruined factory buildings and 3 other ruined walls etc from fog models. So gonna need a pretty big base

D

Deleted member 4539

I'm with Jens on this one Jack.
You really are improving with your modelling work.
At this rate you'll be painting like Lester Plaskitt in no time:cool:.