Meng's Cartoon Tiger I.

A

Armorguy

Hello friends, I got this kit from a good friend of mine who purchased it after drinking too much whisky, so he decided to send them my way as a token of our friendship...

...THIS WAS FUN ! After 3 hours of building I now have a cartoon Tiger I on my desk, ready to be painted. I'll sculpt a German cartoonish figure and place it in the turret.

20180603_120950.jpg
Isn't that sweet ?:smiling5:
20180603_121008.jpg

20180603_121012.jpg

I think we don't have to take our hobby so serious all the time. Time to relax !

Best regards ! AG.

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
They are great kits Guy, I myself do the Egg planes from Hasegawa. Great for unwinding and also great fun to build.
I think I'm may get some of these now I've seen them, there's also some ships I believe.

A

Armorguy

Ian, I also have a Sherman M4A1 on my desk and I can hardly wait to build it. Ships ? Cool, why not !?

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Guy
A great little fun model. Looking forward to the painting. Doesn't someone make dumpy little planes and ships as well?
Jim

D

Deleted member 6559

Having fun is what this game is all about Guy. Great stuff. Looking forward to the figure.

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
These Meng toon tank kits are sweet...I look forward to seeing you paint this up!
Helped my son build the M4A1 a few years back and he really enjoyed building and then playing with it...we never did paint it though!
Si

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
These Meng kits are certainly on my wish list. I dont know if it was Meng but I did come across a Jap carrier at a show once which was really neat. Thanks for sharing mate

A

Armorguy

Steve, I purchased Meng's Battleship Lexington, I'll build it soon and I think it will be another fun little stressless project.:smiling2:
Si, here's some paint, I hope you like it so far ?
Peter, sculpting the figure will be the challenge but I'll do the best I can.
Jim, indeed sir, Meng and Tiger Model do.

The Tiger was spraypainted today. I will present them together on display.

DSCN0407.JPG

Best regards ! AG.

First Name
Wouter
Oh my, good to see them in color and decals on the Shermie!

erm, you mention Battleship Lexington...shouldn't that be a CV or aircraft carrier? ^^

Cheers

A

Armorguy

Ian, thank you !
Wouter, of course you're right, it's an aircraft carrier. :smiling:

A

Armorguy

Hello friends, I didn't have much benchtime the past days but today I had so applied a wash (burnt umber + ultramarine blue + white spirit) on the Tiger and the Sherman turret.

6.jpg

Next benchtime is for the Sherman, best regards ! AG.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
real ,nice work on these,s one,s Guy,
last week at the model show,there was quite a few of theses,s one,s