Tamiya german hanomag sdkfz251/1 halftrack

J

Jack10

Just finished the machine gunner fur the halftrack... I wasn't going to bother adding any of the figures that came with the halftrack as I looked at the sprues and wasn't too impressed with the quality of them, they are a very old kit after all. But had a spare day today so thought I'd give this guy a go and quite happy with the end result. Got decals to add to his helmet and tidy up some cement marks from glueing the arms on. IMG_3056.JPG
IMG_3057.JPG
IMG_3058.JPG
IMG_3059.JPG
IMG_3061.JPG

J

Jens Andrée

Nice one Jack!!!

Sometimes the old figures can look descent when painted but they're often way out of proportion and can look really cartoonish...
This one looks very good! :smiling3:

J

Jack10

Nice one Jack!!!

Sometimes the old figures can look descent when painted but they're often way out of proportion and can look really cartoonish...
This one looks very good! :smiling3:
Got to agree jens on the proportions being not great. A few bits of his kit are far too big and I really don't like the old Tamiya figures faces. Lack a lot of detail compared to the newer kits, but seen as you can barely see this guy when he's hidden behind his mg34 I don't mind :smiling3: I'm going to use one more figure from the set then the rest will be master box

J

Jack10

More work on figures. I'm not too happy with the bullet wound on the guy getting shit so any advice welcome IMG_3067.JPG IMG_3068.JPG IMG_3070.JPG IMG_3072.JPG

J

Jens Andrée

Looking great Jack!!!

There would be no entry wound splatter if shot, only an exit wound bleedout - but it takes a few seconds for the blood patch to appear.
So if he was shot by a rifle like the Mosin Nagant there would certainly be a larger exit wound - and blood, but if we're talking about PPSH then the bullet might not have exited at all.

But if we stick to 100% realism you wouldn't see at all that he was just shot at all so add a slightly larger red splash on the exit wound and call it done.

I really like your figures Mate!!! :smiling3: