Tamiya Universal Carrier 1/35

B

Bangor Lad

This is my build of Tamiya's 1/35 Universal Carrier. Built with the aid of the Eduard etched set and Black Dog resin stowage.
IMG_0749.2014-04-05_103317.jpg
I set the model on a simple plinth to give an impression of the Bocage of Normandy 1944.
IMG_0750.2014-04-05_103336_kindlephoto-19894860.jpg
The Black Dog resin set is very comprehensive and nearly everything added to the model comes from that set. All the figures are from the kit and I have to admit that the driver has also appeared in a couple of other builds.
As nearly every photo of a Been Carrier shows them heavily loaded I had to alter the kit suspension to give at least an impression of a heavily loaded Carrier.
IMG_0678.2014-03-08_122451.jpg
I did this by cutting off the suspension mounting keys and adjusting them to make the chassis take up its characteristic tail-down attitude.
I enjoyed this build and have another in my stash which might make an appearance in the future.
Cheers
Dave

P

Polux

A beauty!
I love the general weathering, inclusive the texture on the front part.
All the added items give at the model a great look. Very nicely done!
I love it ;)

B

Bangor Lad

Thanks!
Really enjoyed this one. Painting was great fun.
Dave

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Great job dave , thats a really loaded carrier! the suspension mods give it the groaning under the weight look perfectly, and the figures are beautifully done , cheers tony

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
great build,David,do like this one,what a little work horse it is,like the mud splatter,
and the added stowage,very nice work on the figures,as well,:D

T

tommy1drop

Excellent work mate, really like it, the weathering and the figures are first class.

B

Bangor Lad

Thank you for all your kind comments. I've loads of photos of the build if anyone's interested.
Cheers
Dave