The ‘Little grey Ferggie’

D

Deleted member 4539

And yo were worrying about going out of your comfort zone Graham.
Looks more like you have found it:smiling3:.

F

Fenlander

I thought I had done but looking at the pictures, I am not happy about the muck on rear tyres. Not bad to the naked eye but far too red in the pictures so I will address that tomorrow.

Despite Dave’s attempt to scupper the build by getting me to put diesel in the tank, after the AA had flushed it out, I dropped the battery on and it fired up ok;)

The little chains on the three point mounting on the back don’t come with it so it was a dig about in the spares box for them. The little base was done for a bit of fun but it is growing on me...... so, this is where it is now and I will have a good look around it tomorrow to see what needs doing apart from back wheels, they will be sorted.

992D847A-C03A-4B39-A85C-26C27676D70F.jpegA9820A50-D465-452E-8B6B-DEB64484C042.jpeg9EDFB62A-4A97-4888-807F-1DCE0AE360F9.jpegDB9D63EB-5AC1-4240-8FE2-90EFE4B52107.jpegE443D4A7-3334-47BE-B67C-0CCA8DC11517.jpeg66E8E7EF-01F4-4BE0-A8EF-D63DC35C7D07.jpeg9B44D15C-9484-4A32-A137-527B8C122E35.jpegA7333819-85C0-4D8C-99C2-7301BC02352B.jpeg

D

Deleted member 4539

Real nice work Graham:smiling3:.
I know there is red mud about but the tyres look rusty to me.
However the front tyres are great.
But as you said you will address it(don't forget the post code:eek:smiling3:.
All the best to you.

dave

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Looks good. In fact it looks like the one used on the market garden I worked on as a kid in the holidays.

F

Fenlander

Real nice work Graham:smiling3:.
I know there is red mud about but the tyres look rusty to me.
However the front tyres are great.
But as you said you will address it(don't forget the post code:eek:smiling3:.
All the best to you.

It is a bit of a lighting issue as it doesn’t look that red in real life but as anyone who sees this will only see the pictures, I do need to sort it out. Grey pigments blended in will soon sort it:smiling3:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
very nice well done with this :smirk:

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I missed the build with me being away Graham, but I've read the thread, and really really like the weathering effects on it. A great build throughout top work.

F

Fenlander

I missed the build with me being away Graham, but I've read the thread, and really really like the weathering effects on it. A great build throughout top work.

Cheers Ian, I will get better pictures when I have sorted the rear tyres which are about done now.

J

Jens Andrée

Did you sacrifice a toupée to make the base? :tongue-out:

I miss the old MF I used to run around my farm with until a couple of years ago... Such a wonderful little tractor when you didn't need a big one. Sadly way too light to use for shovelling snow but very practical - and it started regardless of weather!

Jokes aside, it's looking fantastic and very realistic! Mine never had such new tires on it though... Luckily there's no MOT for tractors here!

F

Fenlander

Did you sacrifice a toupée to make the base? :tongue-out:

I miss the old MF I used to run around my farm with until a couple of years ago... Such a wonderful little tractor when you didn't need a big one. Sadly way too light to use for shovelling snow but very practical - and it started regardless of weather!

Jokes aside, it's looking fantastic and very realistic! Mine never had such new tires on it though... Luckily there's no MOT for tractors here!

Lol, no it was just my granddaughters teddy bear that gave the ultimate sacrifice (only joking :hugging-face:). I did think the tyres looked too good for a well used and ‘put out to grass’ tractor but there was no way I was going to risk wearing them down I just know I would have messed up lol

Mike Mortimore

SMF Supporter
First Name
Michael
Hi Graham,

Just played catch up with your build . I have a very soft spot for this little tractor...... My father had one, my brother renovated one and I had one when I lived in the UK .
Like the build and the weathering..... great.

Cheers Mike :sleeping::sleeping::sleeping:

F

Fenlander

Hi Graham,

Just played catch up with your build . I have a very soft spot for this little tractor...... My father had one, my brother renovated one and I had one when I lived in the UK .
Like the build and the weathering..... great.

Cheers Mike :sleeping::sleeping::sleeping:

Thanks Mike :thumb2:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
we had one of these,s twice, in the UK,then when first moved to king island,great little things just keep running :smiling:

First Name
Noel
Besides Graham's superb rendition of this subject I have also seen some other beautifully made models from this Heller kit at various shows.
As a matter of interest one of the earliest kits ever made by Airfix if not their first was a Ferguson tractor in 1/32nd scale (I think).
First plastic kit I ever made "when I were a lad!" way back in the late 50's.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
I've had this in the stash for a while - you can finish it as a French built version - different steering wheel & seat! The lights are an option, too. I do think it needs a bit of wiring to really set the detail offferguson-tea-20-wiring-diagram-for-ferguson-tea-20-wiring-diagram.jpg
For discussion purposes only
Dave

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Graham
I have seen this kit built a few times. Yours is as good as I've seen. Well done.
Jim

First Name
Stuart
Wow that is amazing Graham,the weathering is top notch really realistic,
You should definitely do more builds this way .