The Desert Fox complete

P

Paul P

Hi Lee. Your colours for blocking in are very neat and you have bought out some great detail. If you don't mind me saying it needs a lot more shading, especially on the face. Its a good base colour but needs more colour and shading to give it definition.

The jacket and trousers need more shading especially the darker areas which would make the details pop.

The binoculars need some dry brushing to give them a used look.

Sorry to pick it apart, as I said your painting is very neat with some fine detail and if you shaded it a bit more it would be an excellent figure.

P

Polux

Looks very nice and well painted.

Wich scale is it, please?

Cheers

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
I like him Lee :rolleyes:,I think you did a great job on him,nicely painted

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Thanks everyone for your kind words.

Paul, I appreciate your comments, and your "picking" :P , in my defence, the lighting is pants which in turn has made it lose a lot of detail, when I get 5 I'll take another couple of pics, thanks mate.

Lee :smiling3:

Lee W

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
P. S. Thanks Willi it is 16th ;)

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Wow and er.....wow ! You've done a great job on him lee , the detail on that hat and the insignia badge is stricking

I want one :D

Lee W

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Thanks Alan ;) . Get one mate, easy fit and detail is good and he comes in a choice of 2 poses, the other is holding the binoculars

First Name
rob
lee thats perfect. personally , i think it doesnt need shading. the first thing that struck me was realism. sometimes people shade that much that it ends up looking statue like.

M

mobear

stunning paint job,well worth 5*s from my side,i may try myself to do a figure after seeing this one,only maybe lol

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
I think it looks brilliant Lee, looks really good-as mentioned maybe some very light highlights but that's it, too much would spoil this figure.

Si:smiling3:

S

Stevekir

\ said:
Thanks everyone for your kind words.Paul, I appreciate your comments, and your "picking" :P , in my defence, the lighting is pants which in turn has made it lose a lot of detail, when I get 5 I'll take another couple of pics, thanks mate.

Try a smaller light source (the ultimate being a single flash without a diffuser) to crisp up the detail. A reflector on the opposite side would be good.

Lee W

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Thanks people. :D

Steve, thanks for the tip but I'm using my trusty Galaxy S4...come to think about it...I don't think we even own a camera!? :confused::oops:

P

Paul P

Hi Lee please dont think I was picking you're figure apart for the sake of it.

Contrary to whats been said shading and highlighting are an extremely important part of figure painting. They allow the details to show and bring out depth aswell. It also brings out the character of the face.

There are many helpful guides to face painting and some are easier than others, it's just a case of practice and trial and error.

Lee W

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
\ said:
Hi Lee please dont think I was picking you're figure apart for the sake of it.Contrary to whats been said shading and highlighting are an extremely important part of figure painting. They allow the details to show and bring out depth aswell. It also brings out the character of the face.

There are many helpful guides to face painting and some are easier than others, it's just a case of practice and trial and error.
Hi Paul,

I appreciate all comments good or bad, all advice is taken on board as well. I personally think that everyone has their own view on how much shading is realistic or cartoonish, I must admit, I have look at Rommel a few times and thought, shall I shade the face a bit more or leave it?...left at the mo because I can't decideo_O